By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The Official VGC Tutorial Thread!

*edit* pic removed. It was a picture of my husky Nikita if you were wondering

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Around the Network
ReimTime said:
Oi, drag and drop isn't working for me and I'm getting this message:

Fatal error: SQL in /data/r5/nfs/ioi/gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/assets/forum_includes/class_gc_post.php on line 192

It sometimes works and it sometimes doesn't loll. But most of the time, it should work

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
ReimTime said:

Fatal error: SQL in /data/r5/nfs/ioi/gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/assets/forum_includes/class_gc_post.php on line 192

It sometimes works and it sometimes doesn't loll. But most of the time, it should work

I'm going to play around with it. I think I might have an idea of why it wouldn't work

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Ka-pi96 said:
ReimTime said:

Woah! I wondered what the URL would be for a pic done like that and... it isn't pretty! Comes out to over 259k characters

Hmmmmmm so it did submit. I am going to snip edit that if you don't mind

#1 Amb-ass-ador

ReimTime said:
Captain_Yuri said:
ReimTime said:

I'm going to play around with it. I think I might have an idea of why it wouldn't work

Mhmm well if you find out the reason, then certainly post it and I will add it to the tutorial!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Looks like there is a file size limit that permits pictures ~under 1mb to be copy+pasted and disallows others. I thought it had something to do with permissions but I guess not.

#1 Amb-ass-ador

ReimTime said:
Looks like there is a file size limit that permits pictures ~under 1mb to be copy+pasted and disallows others. I thought it had something to do with permissions but I guess not.

Hmm interesting! I shall put that in my tutorial! Thanks

I don't know if I'd recommend drag and drop image posting. I think it may slow the site down. The image location amounts to 200 pages of straight letters in a MS Word document. This is not guaranteed, but it may allow backdoor access to one's files as well.

Speculation: What I'm thinking is that the picture is uploaded into a data cache for VGChartz that has a file size limit. Filling it may slow the site down or cause slow loading for other users. Not too sure about that part.

#1 Amb-ass-ador

I'll be honest I never knew the drag and drop was a thing until now.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

ReimTime said:

I don't know if I'd recommend drag and drop image posting. I think it may slow the site down. The image location amounts to 200 pages of straight letters in a MS Word document. This is not guaranteed, but it may allow backdoor access to one's files as well.

Speculation: What I'm thinking is that the picture is uploaded into a data cache for VGChartz that has a file size limit. Filling it may slow the site down or cause slow loading for other users. Not too sure about that part.

Hmm we will see how this goes for now. If it becomes too much of an issue, I will remove it from the tutorial