By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Xenoblade Chronicles X will be released before September (in the west)

AFTER READING THE OP, which month do you think it'll be released?

June 15 10.34%

July 19 13.10%

August 58 40.00%

During or after september 53 36.55%

Total:145

My predictions:
Mario Maker - July/August
Devil's Third - 2016
Yoshi's Wooly World - September
Fatal Frame V - October
Xenoblade Chronicles X - November
Star Fox - November/December

I personally have no faith in NOA's localization progress on Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Around the Network

I'm thinking so too. Nintendo needs it released asap, and so will be putting good resources towards that.

The game is already gold and hell released in Japan now right? So only thing to do is dub and translate. Sure its a huge game and rpg so a shit ton to translate, but thats someones JOB, not just hobby. So having like a half dozen people working 8+ hours a day shoudl get this done somewhat fast.

Dubbing I don't imagine takes more than a week of a voice actors time. So its really just translating all the text, and then deciding on what everything is officially called in order to tell the dubbers what to call shit.

I would think they could have this finished by september if they started TODAY, but they have stuff already done.

"Games like this tend to also come out 2-3 months after the Japan release."

No they don't. There's literally no constant for localization. There are cases where it releases over a year later and there are others where it releases in the west first. There's nothing to go off of, and it has as much chance of coming out in 2016 as it does before September.

The game will come in Summer but only in NA. Europe wont have the game in that period and thats why they are getting Yoshi on June.

I doubt it.
This is Nintendo,  they take twice as long as necessary to do anything.

October if we're lucky.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
"Games like this tend to also come out 2-3 months after the Japan release."

No they don't. There's literally no constant for localization. There are cases where it releases over a year later and there are others where it releases in the west first. There's nothing to go off of, and it has as much chance of coming out in 2016 as it does before September.

Actually there is a constant. the problem is that many companies (cough, namco bandai) only start the localization process well after the game released in japan. The process itself isn't overly long and we know nintendo started it in advance for XCX. It should be out only a few months after japan.

I'm hoping for a summer release; I think that would be perfect.

Splatoon is in May, so maybe an end of July or early August release.

I'd say August at the earliest and definitely not later than October

Read the Iwata ask about Xenoblade X:

"Iwata: All right, thank you all very much. Now, there's one more thing I'd like to tell you about.

Takahashi: Sure.

Iwata: This is something I heard from Reggie-san at Nintendo of America. Just a while ago (Eiji) Aonuma-san made a video announcement where he said The Legend of Zelda game currently in development for Wii U will not be coming out in 2015.

Yokota: Sure.

Iwata: So, a poll was held by a game publication's website where they asked what games the readers were excited for now that The Legend of Zelda for Wii U isn't coming out in 2015. I'm talking about a website in America.

Takahashi: Right.

Iwata: Xenoblade Chronicles X was number 1!

Everyone: Oh wow!

Iwata: I think it's amazing that people mentioned Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Kojima: I feel so grateful.

Iwata: Since the game is first coming out in Japan, it will be released in America well after everything about the game has been revealed to the public. That raises the hurdle, but on the flipside, if everyone who plays the game in Japan talks about how much they enjoyed the game world, and how their experiences were different from one another, that would be something great for the western audience to hear. If people outside of Japan hear a lot of positive news about the game, I feel like we can throw an answer to the question of what the future holds for JRPGs. It would be this game, this is the answer to that question, in the form of a video game.

Takahashi: That's right.

Iwata: As of this interview, the game is yet to be released in Japan and we're still trickling out promotional videos, but we already have people overseas talking positively about the title. This is because, as Takahashi-san described earlier, you all put in so much energy that the game virtually became a crystallization of everyone's blood and tears, and people overseas noticed. I think they'll all be excited for the day when they will be able to roam the vast field to their hearts' content and fly a Skell high in the sky to see the world from above."

Obviously game will be released in US in November to replace Zelda U.

I'm not sure about Europe. 2016 probably.

TJZ_Link said:
My predictions:
Mario Maker - July/August
Devil's Third - 2016
Yoshi's Wooly World - September
Fatal Frame V - October
Xenoblade Chronicles X - November
Star Fox - November/December

I personally have no faith in NOA's localization progress on Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Mario Maker is confirmed for September. Yoshi is coming out in June in EU, so I'm assuming it would come out in July for us.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]