By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Wii U top 1 million sold in France, Germany, and UK?

Opinion?

Yes, in all countries. 29 25.89%

Only in France and Germany 30 26.79%

Only in France and UK 4 3.57%

Only in Germany and UK 0 0%

Only in France 18 16.07%

Only in Germany 3 2.68%

Only in UK 4 3.57%

none... 24 21.43%

Total:112
TheMagicMax said:
Risthel said:
How much the Wii U sold as of today in these countries?

UK: 445,854

Germany: 479,766

France: 579,353

as of March 21 (according to VGC)

Well, that being said, here's my prediction;

France: 1.1 million

Germany: 1.01 million

United Kingdom: 850K

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

Around the Network
kopstudent89 said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

How much have sold GC in France?

End of 2004 it passed 1m 

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33484

WOW, GC outsold N64 lifetime in France!? D:

I didn't expect honestly... if GC outsold N64 then, Wii U have very strong chance for beat GC.

Ka-pi96 said:
Dunban67 said:

They will have to more than double sales from today in the UK and Germany and nearly double them in France-

Therefore i do not see the Wii U hitting 1 million in any of those countries by the time the Wii U replacement is released

Does anyone who beleves they will sell 1 million or more i those regions have an impetus for those sales to happen between now and replacement -

Except it will keep selling after the replacement is released. Console sales don't just stop when the next one comes out.

The Wii with possibly the biggest decline ever still managed to sell over 200k consoles since the Wii U released.

I agree it will still sell after its replacement comes out but i consider its effective lifetime ending when the replacement launches-   

But no doubt it will sell more after -  for the sake of predictions it is difficult to use the literal lifespan as it may sell for 2, 4, 8+  more years after  its replacement so our predictions become virtually open ended  and almost meaningless

Ka-pi96 said:
atomicblue said:
France and Germany, yes. France is probably Nintendo's strongest region after Japan and they fare reasonably well in Germany as well.

The UK hates Nintendo lately so I'm less sure about that.

Umm, what about the US?

Oh, sorry! Should have been clearer that I meant in terms of market share. In France the Wii U is still ahead of the XO overall and occasionally spikes up to around PS4 levels when there's a big game release, whereas in the US it's been overtaken by both PS4 and XO.

If we go by units sold, though, then I think the US is actually Nintendo's biggest market, even though their market share there is smaller.