By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Xbox One needs an official price cut for Europe.

Does the XB1 need a price cut?

Yes! 74 74.00%

No! 26 26.00%

Total:100

Hello, I'm a new member of this great forum, after lurking for quite a while ;) So this is my first post!
Anyway, back on topic: as other people have said, Xbox One is in a "Wii U position" in mainland Europe.
It's better for Microsoft to keep the price high and hoping for profits. It's the same reason why I don't see a price cut for the Nintendo console anytime soon. They will probably wait for a PS4 global price cut and then they will follow suit.

Around the Network
Risthel said:
Hello, I'm a new member of this great forum, after lurking for quite a while ;) So this is my first post!
Anyway, back on topic: as other people have said, Xbox One is in a "Wii U position" in mainland Europe.
It's better for Microsoft to keep the price high and hoping for profits. It's the same reason why I don't see a price cut for the Nintendo console anytime soon. They will probably wait for a PS4 global price cut and then they will follow suit.

Good first post and welcome! But, MS can not afford a price cut even when PS4 gets a price cut unless they want to sell it at a decent loss (they dont). They are pretty much stuck

Price cut wont help MS in any way, Europe just does not want an Xbox.....

PxlStorm said:
Europe = Sonyland

The Euro is too weak and it will get much worse in the next months, thanks to the developments in Greece and current European Central Bank decisions. The prices may even rise to prevent selling at a loss, Microsoft already announced to rise PC software license fees by 20% in Europe.

Around the Network

Thank you very much for the warm welcome! 

Anyway, I didn't consider your point of view, interesting. Indeed I don't think they want to take losses on a market that is a lost cause to them. Problem is, we unfortunately don't know how much the cost of Xbox One reduced (but I guess not too much in comparison to PS4). But we have to consider too that if they continue to cut the price in UK without doing it in mainland Europe it wouldn't be good for their reputation, reputation that they absolutely want to take back after all the 180s. 

Oh, and I apologise if I don't understand how to use the tools of this forum, I mainly write on my smartphone and it isn't very comfortable (for example I wanted to reply directly to rolltide but I couldn't do it ).

They should drop the price to 250€ or come with more amazing exclusives like Scalebound. Europe doesnt care about halo or gears of war anymore, i assume

etking said:
The Euro is too weak and it will get much worse in the next months, thanks to the developments in Greece and current European Central Bank decisions. The prices may even rise to prevent selling at a loss, Microsoft already announced to rise PC software license fees by 20% in Europe.

Not really its just 1 = 1 now, they earn less money but the have to spent less money in euro taxes , shipping, advertisements and workforce.

The XBO needs a official pricedrop at 250$ in the US...