By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Xbox 360 Was Probably the Best Engineered Video Game Console Ever

What is the best Engineered Video Game Console Ever?

Xbox 360 127 13.86%

PS4 405 44.21%

SNES 123 13.43%

Dreamcast 62 6.77%

Atari 2600 12 1.31%

None of the above 187 20.41%

Total:916

Xbox 360 is great console and altogether probably best console of last gen.

From Engineered standpoint, I dont know, GameCube was Engineered very good console.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Aura7541 said:

I never heard of this trick until you mentioned it. It makes me wonder how in the world does it work? Wouldn't purposely cooking your 360 kill it instead of resurrecting it? o_O

Yeah, you literally had to suffocate your Xbox 360 with a towel to get it to turn back on. Microsoft literally had to remodel the 360 and after multiple attempts didnt get it right until 2010 with the Xbox 360 slim. They had a Jasper version, the falcon version and none of them fixed the problems.

This is why the Xbox One has like a fan everywhere. 

I thought Jasper fixed the problem and xenon and falcon were fails.... MyMy 20gb falcon broke but my 60gb Jasper and my slim still get used daily.  Are you sure?

You perhaps could say best concept at most.

Best engineered if we go by the level of hw is ps3 (cell processor, the curvy design, etc), sturdiness gc, easy of programing maybe nes? But the summit where design, simple to program, balanced hw and all meet is ps4.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

d21lewis said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Yeah, you literally had to suffocate your Xbox 360 with a towel to get it to turn back on. Microsoft literally had to remodel the 360 and after multiple attempts didnt get it right until 2010 with the Xbox 360 slim. They had a Jasper version, the falcon version and none of them fixed the problems.

This is why the Xbox One has like a fan everywhere. 

I thought Jasper fixed the problem and xenon and falcon were fails.... MyMy 20gb falcon broke but my 60gb Jasper and my slim still get used daily.  Are you sure?

Yeah, the Japser version came out around the time of the elite. I was contemplating buying an elite at that time to fix the problem but even some of the elites were getting red ringed, so I just waited it out and bought a PS3 in 2009. In 2011 I bought my last Xbox 360 which was a slim and it fixed the issues I had with the 360. It wasnt loud, and almost was completely remade from scratch.

Here I am setting myself up for some hate

I disagree with both the OP and the poll results

360 was the worse engineered of its generation (RROD, heat, power brick, needed an add on for HD media, loud as a volcano, HDD/storage issues) and PS4 is the worse engineered of its generation (loud as a volcano, cheaply constructed to achieve its initially low price point, OS is fast and simple but a bit too glitchy and while the DS4 is my favorite controller ever, it's also somewhat cheaply made just like the console, sadly)

Around the Network
Roronaa_chan said:
Here I am setting myself up for some hate

I disagree with both the OP and the poll results

360 was the worse engineered of its generation (RROD, heat, power brick, needed an add on for HD media, loud as a volcano, HDD/storage issues) and PS4 is the worse engineered of its generation (loud as a volcano, cheaply constructed to achieve its initially low price point, OS is fast and simple but a bit too glitchy and while the DS4 is my favorite controller ever, it's also somewhat cheaply made just like the console, sadly)

I disagree with the bolded. However, I will say that it is certainly the loudest of the current gen systems. It's just not REALLY loud. I agree with everything else though. Sony needs to do something about that glitchy OS.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

curl-6 said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

For me its clearly the GameCube, followed by the OG Xbox, then the PS2

I seem to remember PS2 having some reliability issues as well, not to mention some significant architectural bottlenecks.

What bottlenecks?

TheSting said:
brendude13 said:
I can see where you're coming from, but no, not even close. I'd say the Playstation was.

Lol. PlayStation? Lol again 

The PS1 was a huge leap forward after the super nintendo 

Samus Aran said:

The GC was cheap, powerful and durable. So I'd go for that.

Mario Kart: Double Dash ran on a smooth 60 fps even during 4 player local multiplayer. Fuck yeah, I'll take that.

Metroid Prime 1 & 2 are some of the most gorgeous games of the sixth gen and they also ran at a rock solid 60 fps with barely any load times.

Resident Evil 4 looked great on the GC while it looked like ass on the PS2.

And Wind Waker, probably the game that aged the best of that generation and those facial animations were awesome.

And those water effects in Super Mario Sunshine puts many seventh gen games to shame. Too bad it only runs on 30 fps.

They looked both the same, all what gamecube had was better water effects.

Ruler said:
curl-6 said:

I seem to remember PS2 having some reliability issues as well, not to mention some significant architectural bottlenecks.

What bottlenecks?

From what I've read, a complicated CPU, no hardware texture decompression, and high RAM latency. (RDRAM lost the format war to DDR for a reason)