By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Bravia 1080p LCD tv!?!?!?!?!

KBG29 said:
I have 3 1080p Bravias. The Living room has a 52in XRB5, the same with the family room, and in our bedroom we have a 46in 1080p XRB3, but my favorite is our little Sony OLED in the Kitchen even if it is not 1080p its picture is still jaw dropping. My parents have 2 52in XRB5's, and both my Grandparents have 46in XRB3'3. In my gaming room Ihave a 70in SXRD XRB2, which nothing else compare to, I replaced my old 1080p project with it an I would not go back.

I am so jealous....

I want to get the w3000 series, the cheaper 1080p option

Around the Network

Thanks so much Videogirl, but here is the thing....

in Australia we now only have the 40GB PS3 which means no backwards compatability, so I would be forced to have my PS2 connected idrectly to the bravia tv once I decide to get one, So I was wondering how PS2 games running off a PS2 console would look on the bravia tv.

I know this may be allot to ask, but would it be possible of you to take the some screenshots of GOW but running off the PS2 console, assuming you still own a PS2, but if you can't then don't worry, you've done great posting the pics you have.

In Australia they had a limited time offer giving away PS3 consoles for a month with every Sony Bravia 1080p HDTV purchased. Over 30 000 PS3's were given away.
I wonder are there any lucky bastards who got a free PS3 with a new Sony HDTV's are on here? If there is damn I am jealous of you- lucky punk, lol.

KBG29 said:
I have 3 1080p Bravias. The Living room has a 52in XRB5, the same with the family room, and in our bedroom we have a 46in 1080p XRB3, but my favorite is our little Sony OLED in the Kitchen even if it is not 1080p its picture is still jaw dropping. My parents have 2 52in XRB5's, and both my Grandparents have 46in XRB3'3. In my gaming room Ihave a 70in SXRD XRB2, which nothing else compare to, I replaced my old 1080p project with it an I would not go back.

Holy shit!!

The OLED, you lucky bastard.

You must be rich to splurge on the OLED.  (they only make the one small size, right?)

I really cant wait till those are the standard. Years down the road. 

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

thank you all for contributing, and let the thread live on...well till I get my LCD. LOLz

Around the Network

bump

bump

Bladeneo said:
I'm cheap and got a 1080p toshiba...damn Sony and their ridiculous prices.

Aren't Toshiba prices on par with Sony prices for TV's?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

are their any news when Sony will start releasing their new bravia sets, you know the ones with the bravia engine 2, which is supposedly better than the pro?

jake_the_fake1 said:
Jessman said:
Yeah, it does do an alright job.

Even my Hitachi does a great job, i could even call it equal with the Bravia.

so the upscaling is good, cool, now is their any lag while playing ps2 games, or do you go into game mode to avoid lag?

also, would it be possible for you to take a screeny of your bravia in action with a PS2 game.

I've got a 52" Bravia 1080p XBR4. There is lag, but I've only had to use game mode for the music challenges in Zack and Wiki. Was driving me crazy trying to beat those until I remebered the TV caused lag and turned on game mode. The picture quality goes down noticeably, so I've only used it that once. Otherwise the lag has not caused any issues so far.

Edit:  Actually, now that I think of it, I'll neeed to turn on game mode for SSBB.  I have noticed I have a delay in my attacks.  AGAIN I spaced the fact that the TV causes lag. 

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)