By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Bravia 1080p LCD tv!?!?!?!?!

jake_the_fake1 said:

Who owns a 1080p LCD Bravia TV???

I'm just curious who hear owns one, that's all.

Why does it have to be a bravia? 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
jake_the_fake1 said:

becauase I'm thinking of getting one, and I'd thought I'd ask a couple of question about it since I'm curious about a couple of things, and what better way to find out than by asking those that actually own one.

40" Bravia. Nice set, but like most LCD tvs it has a slight green push that can't be completely adjusted out without going into the service menu.

I've got a 40V3000 Bravia, I'd be happy to help.

jake_the_fake1 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
jake_the_fake1 said:

becauase I'm thinking of getting one, and I'd thought I'd ask a couple of question about it since I'm curious about a couple of things, and what better way to find out than by asking those that actually own one.

Okay, just next time put that in the OP, so it clears up confusion. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

Own one and love it :) Not sure on the model number but it's a 40" LCD 1080p display, amazing picture in my opinion ^^ My Dad had to scoop his mouth of the floor when he saw us playing uncharted on it :P He owns a 50"inch rear projection 720p and it's nowhere near as nice quality ;)

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

I've yet to be convinced by HD, so no i don't own a bravia 1080p LCD TV, i do however own a 19 inch SD TV from Tesco.

to those that own a Bravia tv, have you ever played your PS2 on your bravia tv, and if you have does your bravia do a good job of upscaling so that at least the PS2 games looks comparable to if it was connected to a tube tv?

note: if possible it would be awesome if you took a pic of it just to see how good/bad it looks with PS2 games.

I own a 42inch 1080p Bravia LCD.( it doesn't have the engine pro, I bought it 1 year ago, it has the engine but not the pro version I think).

I have played both PS2 and PS3 games on it.

I woudn't say it did a kick ass job of upscaling as I know for a fact that God of War 2 looked a little better played on the PS3 than on the PS2 and my guess would be the difference lies in who does the upscalling, the console or the TV.

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

I've got a Sony KDL40X3500, but I've not run a PS2 on it, just a PS3.