By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How many consoles do you have?

-Laptop computer, just about good enough to run Rome: Total War

-Gamecube

-Xbox

-Wii

Doesn't sound like much, but it's only the beginning of my collection. I had a NES, but around when the SNES came out my family sold it, and I was a computer gamer ever since. Then I played Smash Bros. Melee at a local geek club allnighter during winter 2005-06, and just had to get a Gamecube after that. I had followed console gaming so passively that I could barely name the 3 big consoles at the moment, and was pleased to see my machine of choice was rather dead at the moment, hence it and everything for it was dirt cheap. Later got a used Xbox as well, and am still playing through the selection of top notch used games I have. Which is nice, because I still only have 3 games for my Wii, and buying new games is not nice to my wallet. 

3 consoles and a computer doesn't sound that impressive, but I do have 50+ dvd cases full of games, and probably at least as many in cd cases or lying around somewhere. I'll stop now, before this gets too damn long. =P

Around the Network

I own:

- NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, DS, PS1, 360, Genesis, Sega CD, TG-16, Atari 2600, Atari 5200

- Used to own a PS2

- Mostly a PC gamer

I just bought an Atari 5200 on eBay. Next up: Atari Jaguar, or Xbox 360.

HeedleGlavin said:

I own:

- NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, DS, PS1, 360, Genesis, Sega CD, TG-16, Atari 2600, Atari 5200

- Used to own a PS2

- Mostly a PC gamer

What happened to your Playstation 2?

ihira said:

Pretty sure I'm the least console owner here, and the only one without a 'next-gen'

NES (broke and gone)

SNES (Still working)

PS1 (Old model, broke)

PS2 (SCPH-10000 still working!)

----------

GBPocket

GBColor

PSP

I see a pattern here...I happen to just own the winner consoles (except for PSP which should be DS i guess)

So you basically have 2 consoles, and 3 portables. At least you have some gaming machines, unlike many other people in the world. How many games do you have in total? You might have more than I do. I only have about 50.

Around the Network
Lord N said:

Saturn

PS1

Dreamcast

PS2

DS Lite

PSP

PS3 and Wii will soon be added.

What made you decide to buy a Nintendo console all of a sudden?

I have every single version of every single handheld Nintendo has developed. My consoles are NES,SNES,N64,PS2,Wii.

I have sega genisis, dreamcasts, n64, gamecube, wii, and ps2. All hooked up through a video switch (except for the gamecube with was moved to my daughter's room after we obtained the wii). Techinally some are my daughters, and some are mine... Also we have a GBA, GBA SPs and a DS, but only my wife and daughter play those more then a few times a year. genisis is the only one that was not played this year. However some genisis games were played via emulation... n64 was actually fairly recent (last year) addition obtained cheaply from ebay with several games included. All others were new... I am mostly a PC gamer. They can last for hundreds or even thousands of hours instead of being tired of or completed in the typical 10-50-100 hours on a console game... If they ever come out with a good online multi-player for the wii, or I ever get a 360 or PS3 that may change...

DonWii said:
I have every single version of every single handheld Nintendo has developed. My consoles are NES,SNES,N64,PS2,Wii.

You have every single Nintendo machine except Gamecube? You have a Playstation 2, but not a Gamecube? Go out and buy a Gamecube right now!

a.l.e.x59 said:
ihira said:

Pretty sure I'm the least console owner here, and the only one without a 'next-gen'

NES (broke and gone)

SNES (Still working)

PS1 (Old model, broke)

PS2 (SCPH-10000 still working!)

----------

GBPocket

GBColor

PSP

I see a pattern here...I happen to just own the winner consoles (except for PSP which should be DS i guess)

So you basically have 2 consoles, and 3 portables. At least you have some gaming machines, unlike many other people in the world. How many games do you have in total? You might have more than I do. I only have about 50.

nah I don't mind 'only' having a few consoles.  Thats all you need to enjoy mainstream titles anyway.  I'm very happy with the decisions I made.  SNES > PS1 skip N64 was a good move *phew*

Not sure which next-gen I will be picking up, if ever.  I think it'll be a x360 when price drop + titles that interest me or Wii + SSBB.

crappy old school NES games are more entertaining than next-gen games.