By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Stop B!+(&!#; about GT5P it is a full game.

All of this crap about GT5P being a rip off is getting rediculous. I am now seeing people saying that they deserve to get the full game for 20 dollars if they are to pay 40 for Prologe. So explain to me why anyone should get a brake on the full version of GT5, and why GT5P is not a good deal. Many say that it is rediculous that they have to buy Prologe this year and then in a years time they have to pay again for the full thing. So why is that a problem? How come people are willing to pay 60 for a sports game every year with nothing but roster updates most of the time, yet GT5P with GT5 full coming a year later with tons new tracks and hundreds of more cars plus new modes is a rip off. If you can anwser those questions for me in a logical fashion I would appreciate it.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

To save the money rent GT5 P and buy the full game GT5 when its released. Everyone does not have unlimited funds to purchase games or rich mummy and daddies to buy them all the latest games. Sacrifices need to be made.

Not purchase GT5P, is only one demo.

I m not going to say gT5p is a full game. It is not.
But the value u get for the price is good (compared to a bad full game priced at 60$) and, more important, if u get the game with the PS3 bundle it is a GREAT addition without any doubt.

Time to Work !

GT5P is part of GT5. The full game will have everything GT5P does. You are basically paying $40 to get part of the game, then paying full price when the game is actually released, only you are also repaying for the part you already paid.

With sports games you buy the game then next year purchase a new game. They are 2 seperate games. Similar yes but teams change, players change etc etc. The same player in Madden 07 will be different to in madden 08.

With GT5P you get nothing different than you will in the full game.

Although props to them, clearly an amazing business idea as fanboys will defend it to the death, purchase it, then purchase the exact same game with added bits later.

GT5P and GT5 isn't like sports games getting updated. It would be like buying warcraft 3 for $40, then when an expansion comes out like say Frozen throne, you pay $60 for warcraft 3 and frozen throne. Rather than simply being able to pay $20 for the added content you also are made to repurchase the same content you already bought.

Im surprised PA haven't made a webcomic about it yet. It is basically what they discussed when they wondered how companies could make people buy a game more times.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

Around the Network

GT5P is a good deal, it looks amazing, but it´s only for those who really can´t wait for GT5.

It will be interesting how the games will get reviewed. Will reviewers deduct points from the demo cause its not the full game? Or will they deduct points from the final version because it has so much content similar with a one year old game? Or both?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

I wouldn't call it a full game, but it's a damn good deal for the price. What a lot of those people are forgetting is that people like me exist, in addition to the GT devout. A full GT is a bit TOO much game for me. I can't do all of that stuff due to time restrictions, plus I'm not any good at it, and I only need a handful of cars and tracks to get a fulfilling experience. And when I compare GT5P to one of the many mediocre to bad racing games costing $60, it sounds like a hell of a deal to me.

Really, people complaining about it are really only saying: "But it wasn't made for me! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

Let 'em cry.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

KBG29 said:
All of this crap about GT5P being a rip off is getting rediculous. I am now seeing people saying that they deserve to get the full game for 20 dollars if they are to pay 40 for Prologe. So explain to me why anyone should get a brake on the full version of GT5, and why GT5P is not a good deal. Many say that it is rediculous that they have to buy Prologe this year and then in a years time they have to pay again for the full thing. So why is that a problem? How come people are willing to pay 60 for a sports game every year with nothing but roster updates most of the time, yet GT5P with GT5 full coming a year later with tons new tracks and hundreds of more cars plus new modes is a rip off. If you can anwser those questions for me in a logical fashion I would appreciate it.

I can answer this question, at least.  Most people don't buy the latest Madden every year for precisely that reason; it just isn't much of an upgrade.  People typically upgrade sports games every 2-3 years, when a significant number of new features have been added to the game instead of just the most recent roster.

Honestly, 40 bucks for Prologue by itself is not a bad deal.  But it is a shame that you don't get anything off the price of the full game for having bought Prologue.  Essentially, once you own GT5, your copy of GT5P becomes completely worthless because the entirety of its contents are contained in GT5.  It's not like other game sequels where the original actually has its own missions or whatever.

I would be much more inclined to buy Prologue if they gave you even $20 off the price of the full game (so you'd pay $40 for Prologue and $40 for GT5).  I think that's fair, you pay a little extra to get to play the game early, they make a little extra money.  Because 100% of the assets they are creating for GT5P will be in GT5, the development cost for Prologue is basically zero, so all revenue above the packaging and distribution costs is pure profit.

PDF said:
^^ i dissagree. most true sport gammers buy madden year after year. Madden core audience do buy the game every year. Yes the same milliions people who bought it htis year will buy it next year.

People who get upset about madden coming out every year with slight changes dont understand their audience in my opinion. My dad and mos all my friends are part of that audience and most buy the game every year if not then every other year. The people who buy the game every 3 yrs are a much smaller part of the market than the yearly buyers. Also the yearly buyer notice alot more than roster updates the notice every little change and there are many of them but you wouldnt know if you are not a yrealy buyer.

There have been articles on this, survey reports, etc.  I believe EA themselves actually said in an interview that most of their Madden customers don't buy every game, they skip a year or two in between.  Of course the uber-hardcore are going to buy it every year, but the uber-hardcore are the smallest segment of the gamer population, not the largest.