By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Stop B!+(&!#; about GT5P it is a full game.

I see how some people don't see GT5P as a full game when you compare it to what people are used to on a Full GT game, however, a GT game is not your average game. What other racer gives you 46 tracks and 700 cars? None. This gen what racing game has given people more than GT5P will, besides Forza, in some aspects? None. So to compencate for that Sony has given purchasers a 30% discount on the title, but keep in mind GT5P is still offering things like GTTV which in and of itself is going to be a big added bonus.

As for the argument that once GT5 is out GT5P will be useless, yes that is true, but what other sports, games are still usefull after their successor is released? MLB 06 The Show was useless the day 07 came out, and it does not matter iff I skip 07, 08, and 09 once I get the next Show, the last will be useless.

Now I am not trying to persude anyone into buying this game. I understand it is not for every GT fan, and not everyone even likes GT. All I am trying to get at is that saying you wont purchase this title because it is not a full game, or you would purchase it if you could get away with only having to only 20 extra dollars for the next instalment is kind of ignerant and annoying. If you don't want the game why post about why you don't want it, or how they could cator it to your demands, because it is not going to change anything. For those of us that do want it we understand that we are paying to have the privilage of getting to eperiance GT5 right now instead of waiting a whole nother year. We feel that the deal is worth the purchase for what we are being offered, and are perfectly content with the idea of paying full price when the Offical GT5 releases with 10x the content. So please stop saying we are ignerant, when you are the ones being hipocritical towards the game.

Many Thanks to those that will accept that you have to pay to play, and GT5P is worth it to some, but some are willing to wait.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network
KBG29 said:
As for the argument that once GT5 is out GT5P will be useless, yes that is true, but what other sports, games are still usefull after their successor is released? MLB 06 The Show was useless the day 07 came out, and it does not matter iff I skip 07, 08, and 09 once I get the next Show, the last will be useless. 

I agree, sports games are the same way.  That's the reason most people don't buy Madden every year.  Also, judging by the figures on this site, GT4P sales in Europe/Others were 10% of GT4 sales, and it was about 30% in Japan.  Some people will think it's worth it, most won't.  I think a lot more people would see it as worthwhile if they were willing to give you a bit of a discount on the full version, but like I said, it doesn't have to be the full price of Prologue as some are suggesting.  If they were going to do that, they might as well just not release Prologue at all.

For the record, I don't think anyone who buys both games is ignorant, they're just hardcore.  Nothing wrong with that, and GT is one of the most hardcore franchises out there.

Would you have bought say Mario Galaxy if you could have played only 1/4 of it and then be expected to pay full price for the whole game less than one year later. Some would but the majority would think "What a rip off. At least give a discount if we bought Mario Galaxy Prologue as well as the full version." Thats how I would react. Just wait for the full version.

Paying on $40 (in UK) for GT5P when the full retail price of games is $100, then it's a pretty sweet deal for me. It's going to give you a years worth of gaming for 1/3 of the price. If the difference is the same in other European countries i expect it to sell like hotcakes even if they know a fuller game is coming later. Honestly i spend more on a Friday night dinner (average prices in London for dinner is $50 per person).

PSN ID: T_Gears

End of 2009 ltd sales:

Wii = 67-68m

X360 = 38-39m

PS3 = 34-35m

Prediction: The PS3 will surpass the 360 on weekly sales after it drops to $299 on all regular weeks (no big releases).

Just getting GT online is justification enough for me to buy :D "It's Not A Demo!" *spoken in the voice of Arnie Schwarzenegger*

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

Around the Network

i know what u mean, ome ppl spreading lies that its just a demo lol, a demo is like 1 track and a choice of 2 cars.

this has 6 tracks, 75 cars, tuning option, split screen, 16 player online, gt-tv included........... all that for £17.99 delivered is a pretty goo deal to me, ive already preordered it and cant wait

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

The prologue games has always been for GT fans (like me) that do not want to wait until the final release.
If people want to play Gran Turismo badly then they will pick it up, if not, then they'll stick with GT5 when it releases sometime in the future.
I don't see why people think it's so fatal that GT5:p doesn't have everything GT5 will have, it's not charged 60 bux nor did anyone promise it was going to be the final game. Only someone ignorant would call GT5:P a "demo", it already offers as much as or more quality than alot of racers now and in the past.

GT 5 still feels lke a demo, that's why. Haven't seen a Forza 2 Prologue tbh...
But it comes at a lower price which makes it reasonable. Allthough I think a price of 30 euros would have been better. It will probably take a long time before GT 5 releases so I think a lot of fans will buy the Prologue version anyway.

Why do you care about the opinions of others so heavily? GT5 prologue does what it says, it gives a good representation of what can be expected in the full game and does so at a fair price. It's also the first PS3 version with matching graphics.

Most people who wine about prologue being a demo would love to play it on the system they own and just flame out of envy. Screw their opinions, they are to lazy to work for it or just don't care about racing games. The rest of us will have great times with tweaking our well detailed cars an racing them online.

Seriously, don't bother giving attention to the small minded people. Some will legitimately wait for the full version cause they don't care about the prologue version and most just say... I will buy it, if it will meet my ridiculous demands I made up so I can flame the PS3 and it's games. Srew them, don't give them too much room to ventilate their anger.

PSN name: Gazz1979 (feel free to add me, but please put your Vgchartz name in the message!)

Battlefield 2: Gazz1979

We all know this isn't a demo.

The only people saying as much are people who a) either don't understand, 2) are not smart, III) are trolling.