By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should Videogame Consoles be Free?

No!!! Same shit like Free2Play and Pay2Win...

Around the Network

Sure. And we should work without being paid.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I think it will eventually happen.

I think the idea of the model is a fascinating one, but here's one reason I don't think it works. Such a model is aimed at the demographic for whom it's difficult or next to impossible to save up a lot of money--mostly kids. Thing is, a kid is way more likely to get a system as a present or something one time, then be set for years. There are very few kids who have a $50 allowance, and even if they did, that wouldn't even include games. It's more realistic, even for someone with little to no income, to save up enough for a system/be gifted one, then buy games whenever possible. But of course that's all purely theoretical.

Microsoft was toying with the model, weren't they? It would be cool to get some financials from that, though I guess it didn't work out since they didn't pursue it further. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see more stuff like this in the future.

Nope. Everything should stay the way it us. Thank You, very much.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network

Imagine if there are 500 million+ systems out there given out for free instead of the ~ 35 million expensive systems out there this gen.

That's 100 billion in losses if we consider a bow of $200.

No,making them free doesn't make any sense from a business standpoint.

No. That would be awful, actually. Games being like that is bad enough.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Free hardware!? Lmao, you've got to be kidding.

But they'll be essentially free when gen 9 consists of just XBL and PS Now.

cost to build a ps4 at launch: about $350.

cost to build a cable box: about $20.

surely you can see the difference?