By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - NBA Playoffs 2015 NBA FINALS. Warriors win Series 4-2!

WHO WILL WIN THE NBA FINALS?

Golden State Warriors 53 66.25%

Cleveland Cavaliers 27 33.75%

Total:80

Cleveland didn't win the series yet? People were celebrating like they did at the end of game 3 so I got confused.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

If Golden State will end up winning it all they easily be the most overrated 60+ regular season win team to win a title team of all time.

Chris Hu said:
If Golden State will end up winning it all they easily be the most overrated 60+ regular season win team to win a title team of all time.

If they win it all, how would they be overrated?

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
Chris Hu said:

If they win it all they will barely beat Cleavland in the finals plus they had a hard time just to get to the finals that is pretty overrated in my book.  Just because you win a title doesn't mean you can't be overrated.

Chris Hu said:
amp316 said:

If they win it all they will barely beat Cleavland in the finals plus they had a hard time just to get to the finals that is pretty overrated in my book.  Just because you win a title doesn't mean you can't be overrated.

What if they blow Cleveland out the next two games?  

Wasn't the competition in the West tough?

Meh.

Around the Network
amp316 said:
Chris Hu said:

What if they blow Cleveland out the next two games?  

Wasn't the competition in the West tough?

Meh.

Still not impressive considering that they had to go to overtime to win the first game.  No the competion in the West wasn't though since most of the teams they beat to get to the finals had key injuries.  I stand by what I said if they win it all they will be easily the most overrated 60+ regular season team to win a title.

One interesting tidbit is that even as exhausted as they looked, Cleveland kept Stephen and Klay off their game. Given the extended rest they are getting, if Cleveland can keep doing that they do have a shot. Game 5 is the key to this series. Whoever wins will almost certainly win the series; it'll be tough to take either down two games in a row. Now GS would have better odds down 3 to 2, but it would still be tough going.

Chris Hu said:

Still not impressive considering that they had to go to overtime to win the first game.  No the competion in the West wasn't though since most of the teams they beat to get to the finals had key injuries.  I stand by what I said if they win it all they will be easily the most overrated 60+ regular season team to win a title.

Sounds like you're a member of the LeBron Defense Force.

I'm sick of hearing how he's still the best even when he loses.  Whoever wins the title is the best.  Plain and simple.  You can't win a title and be overrated.  Overrated is a team like the Atlanta Hawks who were terribly exposed in the playoffs.  I just don't want to hear crap about how someone can get lucky by winning four best of seven series.  That's a bunch of hogwash. 

amp316 said:
Chris Hu said:

I'm sick of hearing how he's still the best even when he loses.  Whoever wins the title is the best.  Plain and simple.  You can't win a title and be overrated.  Overrated is a team like the Atlanta Hawks who were terribly exposed in the playoffs.  I just don't want to hear crap about how someone can get lucky by winning four best of seven series.  That's a bunch of hogwash. 

Well a series doesn't reveal the best players, only the best team.  Jerry West, Elgin Baylor, and Wilt Chamberlain all land higher on the vast majority of "greatest all time" lists than anyone on the Celtics of the 60s.  Yet all of them lost to that team numerous times.  Just saying, don't lay this all on Lebron; even Jordan couldn't win alone.   Keep the discussion focused on the teams, not one guy.  And on the point of teams, Cleveland is missing key players, Golden State is not.  At full capacity, they make for a pretty even match.  

Nuvendil said:
amp316 said:

Well a series doesn't reveal the best players, only the best team.  Jerry West, Elgin Baylor, and Wilt Chamberlain all land higher on the vast majority of "greatest all time" lists than anyone on the Celtics of the 60s.  Yet all of them lost to that team numerous times.  Just saying, don't lay this all on Lebron; even Jordan couldn't win alone.   Keep the discussion focused on the teams, not one guy.  And on the point of teams, Cleveland is missing key players, Golden State is not.  At full capacity, they make for a pretty even match.  

You're right about that, but I think that LeBron is the most overrated player ever.  There you go.  I said it.  

And what you're saying backs up my point of how a team that wins the title can't be overrated.