By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Cats vs Dogs(You decide)

Dogs lick their uhm "doghood", then turn around and want to lick you in the face. They eat there own puke and poop too.

Cats spew hairballs in your house. The upkeep of a litter box is rather disturbing.

All that being said I prefer cats, but I mostly prefer enjoying someone else's so that we don't have to worry about our kids fishing for tootsie rolls out of the litter box, nor do we have to deal with all the hair and hairballs (nasty!!!).

Anyone here ever eat the "goods" out of the litter box. I have not, but know two people that did as kids. I also have a cousin that ate a roach as a young child.

Around the Network

Cats

I have a cat and I like them simply because they're more independent.

I don't mind dogs though, I dated a girl who owned a dog that didn't get much exercise and it was overweight. So I got into the habit of walking it and I used to take it for walks everywhere. These were very long walks sometimes several hours long and on weekends I'd take it a secluded park and just let it run for awhile. It got to the point though where the dog was far more excited to see me than the girlfriend. The dog also slimmed down dramatically and got into really good shape.

Two years after we broke up I had to go back to her place to pick up a piece of furniture in storage and there were 2 people with her at her place. When I knocked and she opened the door the dog went crazy, crying, etc and she was unable to keep the dog back. The 2 people there told me later they thought it was going to attack me, they had never seen the dog act like that before. But it turned out the dog was extremely excited in seeing me, it was obvious it never forgot those walks.

Dogs are an unwelcomed hassle for me. I'd vote for cats.

Legend11 said:
I have a cat and I like them simply because they're more independent.

I don't mind dogs though, I dated a girl who owned a dog that didn't get much exercise and it was overweight. So I got into the habit of walking it and I used to take it for walks everywhere. These were very long walks sometimes several hours long and on weekends I'd take it a secluded park and just let it run for awhile. It got to the point though where the dog was far more excited to see me than the girlfriend. The dog also slimmed down dramatically and got into really good shape.

Two years after we broke up I had to go back to her place to pick up a piece of furniture in storage and there were 2 people with her at her place. When I knocked and she opened the door the dog went crazy, crying, etc and she was unable to keep the dog back. The 2 people there told me later they thought it was going to attack me, they had never seen the dog act like that before. But it turned out the dog was extremely excited in seeing me, it was obvious it never forgot those walks.

Why didn't your ex ever take it for walks? And yeah Dogs and Cats for that matter always remember the one's that treat them the best.

Nice story BTW.

Around the Network

Dogs: 3

Cats: 9

@Legend11
That was a very touching story. :) I'll share one of mine.

In the summer of 2005, a dog was walking along our busy street. He stopped by our place to smell our dog stuff. He was about 100 pounds and black and dusk was approaching, so I decided to go find him accross the bridge to make sure he didn't get hit. I was out of bar school and looking for an articling position (internship to become a lawyer) so I had a lot of free time. The next day I gave him a bath, printed out a "found dog" poster, and took him for a walk to make a few hundred copies. For the next 3 days we walked around different parts of the burough putting up the posters, taking him and my dog with us and stopping to let them swim at the beach. So after 5 days, we get a call that refers us to his master.
It turns out he was a guard dog, who never got taken for walks and who only had a bit of play time, so when he was with us, he was having a blast.
For the next year, everytime he escaped, he'd head right over to our house even though its about a mile away (about 2 kms).
I used to go visit him, but since his owner wants to keep him as a guard dog, he (owner) would complain about me making him soft, so I stopped. Everytime I walk by him, his tail wags...

He was one of the most gentle dogs I've ever met, and yet his master wanted him to be a guard dog against his nature. Very sad. (the dog did love the master though, he was glad to see him. He was just not used to being pampered and treated like a family dog)

Dogs

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937

Dogs.
Cats are funny and all that but dogs, you can really get attatched to them and genuinely love them. And unlike cats, they love you back.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Dogs.
Cats are funny and all that but dogs, you can really get attatched to them and genuinely love them. And unlike cats, they love you back.

My Cat's must be Dog's in disguise then O_o