By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Any word on first day Brawl sales?

I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't said anything considering how well the title must have sold.

Around the Network

I have a feeling it's being overtracked.

Oops, stepped on your line.

Legend11 said:
I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't said anything considering how well the title must have sold.

They don't need to say anything, Wii is still sold out in NA so they can't possibly sell that many more systems by stating the Brawl sold x amount of units.

Legend11 said:

Why would they do this?  Is there a precedent for this sort of thing?

Well they usually do talk about how well games like Metroid, Galaxy did in the US fro the first day/weekend, etc... So I'm surprised they haven't said anything about it yet.

Around the Network

We will find out soon ^^

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

it only came out yesterday

they may say something later this week tho

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

Legend11 would probably be seriously depressed if Brawl sold over a million.

One word amazing.

damkira said:
Legend11 would probably be seriously depressed if Brawl sold over a million.

Why? It's a great game. We all want great games to do well no matter what console they're on.

Plus, it's not like Legend goes around hating on everything. I don't know why you would think he would be mad the game sold well when he already knew it was going to do great. 

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!