By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Why cant we just have Religion and Atheism live in Harmony?

kinisking said:
Naum said:

Beacuse unlike religion "we" atheists doesn't try and force our "belief" or the lack thereoff on others nor do we start wars beacuse of it.

Biggest load of bullshit I've heard in my life. I get called ignorant, stupid and so forth just because I believe in a god. Atheists have been forcing their beliefs on people just as much as religious people 

Yup I'm going to call BS too, there are plenty of secular folks forcing their religion on people ie. socialized medicine, raising  taxes to pay for an ever expanding state, nationalizing private institutions, common core, forcing employers/religious institutions to cover contraception mandates, cap and trade, general environmentalist wackiness.  It appears to me the "religion" forcing usually springs up from the secular folks.

Around the Network
bowserthedog said:

Atheism is a belief system. If Atheism was able to answer all the questions then it would be different than a religion but it simply cant. It requires faith much like a belief in God. An Atheist must believe that God does not exist which is a belief and one that can't be proven. Athiests must take some facts that are known to base their belief on and requires faith to bridge the gap between what is known as a fact and what is not answerable.  I true non belief would be to actually not formulate an opinion on whether or not God exists.

Atheism is a belief system, like non-astrology is a scientific study.  The word atheism simply means without God, and really shouldn't exist.  We don't have words for people who are non-astrologers, for example.  So, no, your entire opening paragraph is incorrect.

They can easily live in peace, if people were to realize that religion is about finding the spiritual strength to be a better person. If you don't need it, it isn't because you're a bad person, and if you do find that you need it, it isn't because you're stupid.

Because many religious people want their [government] to endorse their religion. Problem is If that [government] is also my [government], I have a problem with that.

You change [government] to local education system or several other things. Point is, if you try to shove your religion where others think it shouldn't belong, you're gonna get a push back.

4 ≈ One

Podings said:
They can easily live in peace, if people were to realize that religion is about finding the spiritual strength to be a better person. If you don't need it, it isn't because you're a bad person, and if you do find that you need it, it isn't because you're stupid.

That is the secular modern concept of what religion SHOULD be, but that is not the reality of what most major religions are or what they were designed to be.

Around the Network

I know people that are religious and I know people (including myself) that are atheists and we all life in harmony, so it's not impossible. I really have no clue why this can't work on a global scale. People need to realise that different people have different opinions.

Add me on Xbox: DWTKarma 

Johnw1104 said:

1. You're always right
2. Everyone who disagrees is wrong
3. Some people are just assholes
4. Teenagers/first year college students know more than you

Good list.  I hope that, as a society, we can work together towards a future that is spiritually inclusive, and that religious intolerance (from both atheists, religious persons, and everyone in between) will be less commonplace with each generation. 

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

HBninjaX said:
kinisking said:

Biggest load of bullshit I've heard in my life. I get called ignorant, stupid and so forth just because I believe in a god. Atheists have been forcing their beliefs on people just as much as religious people 

Yup I'm going to call BS too, there are plenty of secular folks forcing their religion on people ie. socialized medicine, raising  taxes to pay for an ever expanding state, nationalizing private institutions, common core, forcing employers/religious institutions to cover contraception mandates, cap and trade, general environmentalist wackiness.  It appears to me the "religion" forcing usually springs up from the secular folks.

Did I deny that religious people forget their religion? No. I said It happens from both sides 

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

SlayerRondo said:

It is pretty obvious that I think I know more than I actually do, if that were not the case I would have to be right about everything. And how is it cocky to think that I may be right on something and feel confident to express that to someone whom I think is wrong?

And while you may not care about my opinion on how swearing in your post that's fine, I will still think less of you for it.

And my point about respecting beliefs was that you either respect it or you don't, lying to a person about that is dishonest and clearly disrespectfull to the person your lying to. I also don;t understand why idea's need respect as well as people. And if you don't agree with the atheist view that there is no reason to belief in a god then I don't think you should respect that belief, and how can you not think it's wrong?

I take no offense at being told I am wrong and what I believe/don't believe is nonsense and respect someone for being honest with me about it.

And as to your last point, I think most of the discussion's we have on VGChartz are about each of us thinking were right and others are wrong.

Alright. You continue to mix up the words "respect" and "agree", even after I asspecified in my goddamn post that they are not the same fucking thing. You need to learn the difference before you post again on this topic. It is a very common practice as a human being to respect someone's choices without agreeing with them. If that wasn't common, this world would be even shittier than it already is. I'm pretty disappointed in your response. You basically just said the exact same things I already addressed in your first post. However, I do agree with your last point, but in your first post it certainly didn't sound like you wanted to have an honest discussion over our beliefs.

Bitch slut whore cock dick piss ass motherfucker penis shit balls titties huge nuts in my goddamn mouth. Thank you.

Post has been checked, also took out the quote tree - Torillian

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

ohmylanta1003 said:

Alright. You continue to mix up the words "respect" and "agree", even after I asspecified in my goddamn post that they are not the same fucking thing. You need to learn the difference before you post again on this topic. It is a very common practice as a human being to respect someone's choices without agreeing with them. If that wasn't common, this world would be even shittier than it already is. I'm pretty disappointed in your response. You basically just said the exact same things I already addressed in your first post. However, I do agree with your last point, but in your first post it certainly didn't sound like you wanted to have an honest discussion over our beliefs.

Bitch slut whore cock dick piss ass motherfucker penis shit balls titties huge nuts in my goddamn mouth. Thank you.

You need to calm down, dude.  While some amount of swearing is acceptable in these forums you are far beyond the line of acceptable.  Continuing on this path will force moderation.