By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - MEGATON?! Just How Big of a Deal is Ryu (Street Fighter) in SSB4? Thoughts on His Inclusion (if True)?

I personally don't care if he is in the game or not. But I rather actually have someone else. Chris or Jill would make sense to replace Snake. Hell, RE5 Jill's outfit and hair is a blantant ripoff of Samus. Samus can have a complaint on Jill. Or Chris would think Jill is in the game. And kind of like a I'm sorry. Since Capcom didn't release the HD ports of RE 0 1 4 Code Veronica Umbrella Collection (not to mention Rev 1 & 2) on Wii U. Which is immensely annoying.

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:

The characters in DLC have to be enticing to encourage people to put down the extra cash.  No one is gonna drop extra cash for Daisy as a DLC character.  They get money in return from DLC sales.

spemanig said:
oniyide said:

thats your opinion and honestly it means little. It did get decent adverstiment, what it was supposed to get the same treatment that the MAIN Street Fighter games get? Or the Marvel Vs Capcom series Marvel being THE brand in this day an age. Tatsunoko which no one in the west knows about and lucky if they eve recongnize G-Force/Gatchaman.  IMHO it was kind of a weird throwaway game. They made there money since it was just an easy translation and not that expensive to make. IMHO Mvs.3 and SSS4 were better but thats just me. Not to mention that it released on a system that isnt really fighting game friendly, in terms of reception and sales. Smash being the sole exception.

Once you start disqualifying my points on the basis of being opinions, you disqualify your points twofold for the same reason. There's no reason your opinion is somehow more valid than mine. You thinking it was a weird throwaway game "honestly means very little," because it wasn't. You thinking MvC3 and SSS4 were better "honestly means very little," because they weren't. It releasing on a system that isn't really fighting game friendly "honestly means little," because that is a complete lie that should have no factor in how it's evertized.

It got terrible advertizement for what it wasn't, a "throwaway fighting game." What it was was the best Capcom fighting game of the last decade. Faster and offering more variety of characters than and of the SS4 variations, and having far more tame mechanics and a more balanced roster than MvC3. Fighting game fans should care more about mechanics, character playstyle variety, balance, and technicality, not character roster, which TvC absolutely destroys SS4, MvC3, and SFxT in. The fact that it wasn't advertized with that in mind is a tragety and a failure on Capcom's part.

The game's biggest advertising push came from BET's 106th and Park. I'm willing to bet not a single person on this site other than myself has any clue what that is. I'll tell you. It's a show on Black Entertainment Television whose primary audience is teenage African American girls that are highly unlikely to be hardcore video game fans, let alone enthusiasts of fighting games. I am not making any of this up.

Which is a shame, because I found that I liked it more than MvC3 and SSBB after spending a bunch of time with it. I first wanted MvC3 because I'm a lot more familiar with the Marvel roster than Tatsunoko (it was also a tremendous misstep not to get Speed Racer or the Samurai Pizza Cats into the game). The way I see it, TvC is to Melee what MvC is to Brawl.

This is my first post in almost three months. Did anyone miss me?

CleggaZ said:
Maybe their doing deal for Monster Hunter 5 on a Nintendo platform.

Oh and someone from Tekken next please Nintendo.

This, plus Project X Zone 2 is coming to 3DS. Sometimes, the benefit for both sides doesn't always have to be so obvious.

spemanig said:
oniyide said:

thats your opinion and honestly it means little. It did get decent adverstiment, what it was supposed to get the same treatment that the MAIN Street Fighter games get? Or the Marvel Vs Capcom series Marvel being THE brand in this day an age. Tatsunoko which no one in the west knows about and lucky if they eve recongnize G-Force/Gatchaman.  IMHO it was kind of a weird throwaway game. They made there money since it was just an easy translation and not that expensive to make. IMHO Mvs.3 and SSS4 were better but thats just me. Not to mention that it released on a system that isnt really fighting game friendly, in terms of reception and sales. Smash being the sole exception.

Once you start disqualifying my points on the basis of being opinions, you disqualify your points twofold for the same reason. There's no reason your opinion is somehow more valid than mine. You thinking it was a weird throwaway game "honestly means very little," because it wasn't. You thinking MvC3 and SSS4 were better "honestly means very little," because they weren't. It releasing on a system that isn't really fighting game friendly "honestly means little," because that is a complete lie that should have no factor in how it's evertized.

It got terrible advertizement for what it wasn't, a "throwaway fighting game." What it was was the best Capcom fighting game of the last decade. Faster and offering more variety of characters than and of the SS4 variations, and having far more tame mechanics and a more balanced roster than MvC3. Fighting game fans should care more about mechanics, character playstyle variety, balance, and technicality, not character roster, which TvC absolutely destroys SS4, MvC3, and SFxT in. The fact that it wasn't advertized with that in mind is a tragety and a failure on Capcom's part.

sales say otherwise. Fact is everything you said is an opinion. Sales arent opinions. The fact that they didnt advertise tells me it was an throwaway game, Capcom kinda threw it away. And do you honestly believe with better adverstisment it would have done that much better? As good as SF4, Mvs.C, hell i think SFxTekken did better. And i know "its better than all of those" means little when determining the genearal reception and popularity of the games.

Around the Network
burninmylight said:
spemanig said:

The game's biggest advertising push came from BET's 106th and Park. I'm willing to bet not a single person on this site other than myself has any clue what that is. I'll tell you. It's a show on Black Entertainment Television whose primary audience is teenage African American girls that are highly unlikely to be hardcore video game fans, let alone enthusiasts of fighting games. I am not making any of this up.

Which is a shame, because I found that I liked it more than MvC3 and SSBB after spending a bunch of time with it. I first wanted MvC3 because I'm a lot more familiar with the Marvel roster than Tatsunoko (it was also a tremendous misstep not to get Speed Racer or the Samurai Pizza Cats into the game). The way I see it, TvC is to Melee what MvC is to Brawl.

This is my first post in almost three months. Did anyone miss me?

i know what 106 and park is, it was on the air for YEARS. But that was pretty silly place to ad it i agree.

106 and Park will be remembered because they still played music videos at a time when MTV phased them out.  

Tatsunoko won't be remembered because most in the West have had no association with its characters or their background.

Even the Capcom side of the roster was pretty weak comparatively outside the 3 familiar fighters of Ryu, Chun Li and Morrigan.

It would be as much of a big deal as Mega Man and Pac-Man! Personally, I would be very happy with Ryu's inclusion in Smash 4.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---