By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MSFT FY15 Q3: Rev $21.7bn. Op Inc $6.6bn beats estimates. 1.6m xbox consoles. Stock closed up 10.45% in following day trading

was it already mentioned, that the 32% live figure is just revenue,
the user increase was 18%

from satya nadella via inverstorcall

edit:
32% live revenue grow
30% live usage grow
18% live user grow

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
microspot said:

was it already mentioned, that the 32% live figure is just revenue,
the user increase was 18%

from satya nadella via inverstorcall

edit:
32% live revenue grow
30% live usage grow
18% live user grow

thanks.  all good numbers.

*disclaimer for the unknown:

live revenue grow is not just live subscription. it includes other store transactions
live user grow is not specifically mentioned as gold member grow. 

1.6 Million is about where I expected the numbers to end up.

360 really being hit hard by Gen 8 consoles (with pricecuts) and no big console selling game like Titanfall for the One.

kowenicki said:

Better than we thought.  Good for us that are shareholders.  (My Amazon are starting to deliver now too as they start to reveal cloud info, Apple flying, Sony doing great and BT steady along.  Yep, my tech portfolio is on fire the last 2 years)

Was it you I had the conversation about Amazon with?  Hope you followed me into them.

I notice MS cash or near cash assets have increased $10bn to $95bn!!.

MS opens up 6.1%

oh look... Amazon opens up 13%

Kow makes money.... again.

Yep it was me. :D I'm pretty happy. I don't have a whole lot invested currently but my gains are very noticeable. Today I made roughly 400$

Microsoft is soaring, and is actually up 9% now. Amazon doing even better though at 14%.

Around the Network

Microsoft as a corporation is doing exceedingly well. Office and Server are nearly untouchable, Surface weathered two poor gens to get to a decent success with SP3, phones are small but not disastrous, and the decision to freely throw Win10 out in the first year will be very beneficial. Xbox though is not looking great. Down YoY despite vastly lower entry costs and lots of value added makes the lower unit sales tough. XBL boost is not enough to feel good about either, as 360 will start to ramp down spectacularly this year, taking a ton of subs with it as it dies. For MS overall though, Xbox is almost meaningless, despite shedding market share and revenue there the company at large is in superb shape.

never thought the stock would rise 9% without any singe of consolidation

and the next 2 quarter should be even better.
new surface, new surface pro, new windows 10 devices, new windows 10 phones

cloud and all the other commercial stuff will grow anyway.
the only thing that could stop this traind would be complete crashing market

9.5% now
The stock keeps bumping up against the ceiling. Only a matter of time before it breaks through. Unfortunately I don't think the volume is there, but there's the potential to hit 50 or higher by monday

There's just an incredible amount of resistance between here and 50.

kowenicki said:
theprof00 said:

9.5% now
The stock keeps bumping up against the ceiling. Only a matter of time before it breaks through. Unfortunately I don't think the volume is there, but there's the potential to hit 50 or higher by monday

There's just an incredible amount of resistance between here and 50.

I'd be amazed if it hits 50.  Pleased, but amazed.  Monday will peg it back I think.  Though if some other tech announcements are positive next week then we could get a tow on MS taking it back above 50 I guess.  Not sure who is reporting next week if anyone?

Apple is monday, but I think they leaked info already?

RolStoppable said:
kowenicki said:

You said this isnt a well run company.  Xbox isnt a company.  Be more specific in future discussion and we might get somewhere.

Interesting fun fact of today.  MS market cap has increased today by a full Nintendo and a quarter of another Nintendo.

Xbox down huh?  Can you define that exactly please?  How is xbox down?  in revenue?  profits? sales? I am talkign specifically about just Xbox remember.

Since we are on a video games forum, the video games part of Microsoft is the one most people here care about. And in regards to that, it isn't well-run and fan expectations have ajdusted themselves accordingly over time.

Other interesting fun facts: Microsoft's rise in market cap had nothing to do with Xbox, and Nintendo is a video game company. We might as well start to talk about oil companies at this point.

Xbox is down in shipments from the previous quarter.

That's because it was overshiped during the holiday season, and there was less overall demand from retailers. This is why providing shipped numbers sometimes can really stab you in the back.