By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MSFT FY15 Q3: Rev $21.7bn. Op Inc $6.6bn beats estimates. 1.6m xbox consoles. Stock closed up 10.45% in following day trading

Ryng_Tolu said:
I'm not sure why the people say that is low numbers... what the hell did you expect when we already know that XBO is down YOY according to NPD and XB360 is a 9 years old?

It's concern trolling.

- M, Carl

Around the Network
NewGuy said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
I'm back mutherfucker!!! :P
Sorry if i was online, but now i'm here. XD

What is happen?

EDIT: 1,600,000 XBOX... humm... i have predict 1,400,000 with XBO at 1,000,000 and XB360 at 400,000...
So, maybe 500,000 for XB360 and 1,100,000 for XBO?

That is some like:
XBO: 13,100,000
XB360: 87,400,000

(?)

How are you arriving at that number?

I don't know, that is the point...

Seece said XB360 at 86,900,000 Lifetime, but somone can confirmed?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7049336

LurkerJ said:
true_fan said:

Why even type that?

Front loaded gen and X1 is down yoy despite being 150 cheaper. It doesn't bode well for the console.

Well we don't know whether its down YOY since this based on both xbox system shipments alongside  X1 being overshipped last last holiday which means sales can not easily be derived from its Q1 shipments if retailer were still selling last years Q4 shipments ;)

More importantly how can we call it front loaded when the only major third party exclusive to arrive thus far has been Assassins Creed Unity? And the biggest Xbox One exclusive thus far has a been a HD collection. We should wait this thing out just a tad, even if Q1 is down YOY we should probably look at the wider context. As far as I'm concerned next gen from a third party standpoint (more important then 1st party sales wise) started with Mortal Combat X and will continue with Witcher 3, Batman Arkham Knight and every other next gen exclusive that follows.

RolStoppable said:
true_fan said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
I'm not sure why the people say that is low numbers... what the hell did you expect when we already know that XBO is down YOY according to NPD and XB360 is a 9 years old?

It's concern trolling.

No, it's not. Concern trolling means to pose as a supporter of a certain thing and then cast fear, uncertainty and doubt onto it.

Well when you see all the early guesses at 600-800k XB1 shipments, then the number turns out to be 1200k and people start the that's not good crap like we were expecting 2000k, it's just piling on. 1.2 million is not great, not terrible, just decent as I stated initially. Yes price is down, but this quarter was devoid of a game like Titanfalll.

true_fan said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

It's concern trolling.

That is to defensive.   It looks like Xbo shipped around the same like last year Q3. 

That doesn't sound bad but you should take account that the Xbo is now 150$ cheaper and is now released in +30 extra tier 2 and Tier 3 countries while
that was not the case in last year's Q3.

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:

Wasn't X1 up in Jan, can't remeber feb and for march we only have revenue figures, not sales?

When they say 27% decline in cost of revenue for Xbox hardware does that include removal of Kinect or is that in cost of the basic Xbox one? If it includes dropping Kinect it's not all that great. The $150 retail price reduction represents a 30% drop in price, which is 3% higher than the decline in cost of revenue.

The losses for Xbox are small compared to the over all revenue and profits for MS, but it's still got to be a disappointment to be reporting losses. Clearly there is a long term approach, with Xbox profitability being aimed for next financial year. Though if they are forced into another permanent $50 price cut this year that profitability timeframe might be pushed out another year.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

true_fan said:
RJ_Sizzle said:

Xbox revenue down 24% is an increase when it was down 20% last quarter. The XB1 will likely see yet another price cut that'll eat into this. It's unlikely Xbox will see profits this gen like they used to in the past.

With upcoming 1st party games coming out over the next few years, that is when xbox will have the highest revenue. Halo 5 this year could generate $300 million in revenue.

But if that's offset with a pricecut and tons of free game bundling and other incentives this holiday, it won't likely see gains.

true_fan said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

It's concern trolling.

The XBO is either even or barely up YOY despite having a $150 lower entry price + games. Theoretically, we should be seeing a significant uptick in shipments XBO YOY, but this is not what we got. Saying shipments are low is not concern trolling by any means.

RolStoppable said:
true_fan said:

Well when you see all the early guesses at 600-800k XB1 shipments, then the number turns out to be 1200k and people start the that's not good crap like we were expecting 2000k, it's just piling on. 1.2 million is not great, not terrible, just decent as I stated initially. Yes price is down, but this quarter was devoid of a game like Titanfalll.

Haven't you seen Evolve?

Evolve was not in the same class as Titanfall. Also Evolve was multiplat. It's clear what you are doing though, this will be my last reply to you.