By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MSFT FY15 Q3: Rev $21.7bn. Op Inc $6.6bn beats estimates. 1.6m xbox consoles. Stock closed up 10.45% in following day trading

teigaga said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
I'm not sure why the people say that is low numbers... what the hell did you expect when we already know that XBO is down YOY according to NPD and XB360 is a 9 years old?

Wasn't X1 up in Jan, can't remeber feb and for march we only have revenue figures, not sales?

NPD:

January: little up (+10,000, or +7%)

February: little up (+18,000, or +7%)

March: MASSIVE down (-78,000, or -25%)

Total: 50,000 down, or -6%...

Around the Network
RJ_Sizzle said:
true_fan said:
RJ_Sizzle said:

Xbox revenue down 24% is an increase when it was down 20% last quarter. The XB1 will likely see yet another price cut that'll eat into this. It's unlikely Xbox will see profits this gen like they used to in the past.

With upcoming 1st party games coming out over the next few years, that is when xbox will have the highest revenue. Halo 5 this year could generate $300 million in revenue.

But if that's offset with a pricecut and tons of free game bundling and other incentives this holiday, it won't likely see gains.

It's all speculation, but you can't mention the drawbacks and not include the positives like XBL subscriptions and accessories. Also 1st party Xbox games aren't usually bundled during the holiday season, unless it is a special console,

kowenicki said:
bananaking21 said:
pretty low shipment figure for the xbox shipments. Seems they actually did overship in the holidays

honestly.  I think thats higher than most expected.

I dont care what most expexted. 1.6 for the two consoles is just really bad. 

Ryng_Tolu said:
teigaga said:

Wasn't X1 up in Jan, can't remeber feb and for march we only have revenue figures, not sales?

NPD:

Right but wasn't that -25% just based on revenue, which doesn't take into account price cut and unbundling of kinect?
Sorry If I'm retreading old ground :p

teigaga said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
teigaga said:

NPD:

Right but wasn't that -25% just based on revenue, which doesn't take into account price cut and unbundling of kinect?

That is the situation:

XBO in 2015:

Good: official 150$ pricedrop compared to last year

Bad: no games, and "only" 100$ pricedrop for half of January

XBO in 2014:

Good: Titanfall, unofficial 50$ pricedrop in March

Bad: 500$ for the first two month, and still a huge price even in March

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
kowenicki said:

honestly.  I think thats higher than most expected.

If you said 'not great' I would agree but bad? The X360 in his lifetime did in that same quarter 500K only. 

Xbox one is outperforming the X360 with alteast a big margin and the X360 sales are considered a succes.  

Ofcourse yeah the X360 first years were not that great but if you are still outperforming the X360 I don't get how you can call it bad.

Decent for the Xbox platforms, not amazing or especially BAD, but decent.

Proud to be a Californian.

RolStoppable said:
bananaking21 said:

It's worse than what Nintendo has shipped between the Wii U and the 3DS in the same quarter. So yes, it is really bad.

Shipped less than 3DS is not bad, is a succes if you ship more.

RolStoppable said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Shipped less than 3DS is not bad, is a succes if you ship more.

Enough already. Your repeated attempts at sabotage are starting to bother me, so stop it.

Ok boss.

teigaga said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
teigaga said:

NPD:

-25% units sold.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."