By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is it worth getting a Wii U?

It is definitely worth it but if you are still on the fence simply wait for a sale or price drop. Hopefully E3 says something.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Around the Network

Imo, Smash Bros and MK8 are worth it alone.

Mario 3D World and DKC: Tropical Freeze are great too.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

The real question is... are you worth owning a Wii U? Meh, that came out bad. :|

I got mine when the Wind Waker HD bundle came out (I LOVE Wind Waker), and I've never regretted my purchase.

So yes, I'd say it's worth it.

I'm waiting for a real price cut for the deluxe. No buy until sub $200. Even then there are only a few games I would buy for it.  Less than 10, which barely makes it a worthy buy.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Around the Network

Yes it's very worth it. The games should be enough motivation to get it.

Pikmin 3!

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

If you don't like great Nintendo games that could play alone or with family, don't buy it.

I kinda regret buying my WiiU.

I almost never play it. I bought it for 3d Mario and Zelda both of which look like they will not happen on the WiiU.

A new fire emblem will instantly make me feel better about my WiiU though.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Solid-Stark said:
Imo, Smash Bros and MK8 are worth it alone.

Mario 3D World and DKC: Tropical Freeze are great too.

I used to love Smash when I lived back at home in the day (Melee era) me and my 3 brothers would duke it out in epic Smash sessions. Now I live away from them I cant get into it. I wish I could Smash Bros and Smash Bros Melee were my favorite games from like 1999-2005 (Timesplitters 2 was awsome too)

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.