By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - April NPD 2015 predictions thread.

PS4: 215k(Expect MKX to push some consoles)
xbox one: 140k
Wii U:65k
3DS: 175k
PSV:15k

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
Wow, all guys think than PS4 will be UP YOY in April??????
I seriusly don't see why, it is down in March, and considering the Batman bundle annunced, i expect a super dropped this month... more than last year.

There were literally no new releases last April. The highest selling game was Titanfall, but that was out the month before. For the PS4, it is riding on the momentum of Bloodborne and to a lesser extent, MLB 15 because both games were released in late March. There is also Dark Souls II: A Scholar's Sin and Mortal Kombat X.

MKX, especially, will be big because the previous game literally sold about a million according to April 2011 NPD.

Aura7541 said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
I seriusly don't see why, it is down in March, and considering the Batman bundle annunced, i expect a super dropped this month... more than last year.

There were literally no new releases last April. The highest selling game was Titanfall, but that was out the month before. For the PS4, it is riding on the momentum of Bloodborne and to a lesser extent, MLB 15 because both games were released in late March. There is also Dark Souls II: A Scholar's Sin and Mortal Kombat X.

MKX, especially, will be big because the previous game literally sold about a million according to April 2011 NPD.

Guys, the "BloodBorne momentum" is never happen...

PS4 is down February to March, even if is a 5 weeks month, even with Blood+Type 0+Battlefield. Last year PS4 did better with ONLY Infamous... Mortal Kombat definitive will not move more console than BloodBorne, Battlefield, The Order, ecc... And still, the Batman Bundle annunced... i just don't see PS4 above 200,000 this time. I can wrong, of course...

3DS - 153K
PS4 - 195K
Wii U - 47k
XB1 - 160K

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

Ryng_Tolu said:

Well I'm hoping that the current library that ps4 and xbox one have will be enough to not go down dramatically this time around.  The library last year was a bit sad compare to this year.  Add to that the new release MKX in which at least on ps4, it's the first good fighting game for the system.  I expect for ps4 and xbox one to go up percentage wise this month.  You are concentrating too much that if it was down year on year on prior months, that means that it will be down from the rest of the year.  Let see what happen.

Around the Network
Angelv577 said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Well I'm hoping that the current library that ps4 and xbox one have will be enough to not go down dramatically this time around.  The library last year was a bit sad compare to this year.  Add to that the new release MKX in which at least on ps4, it's the first good fighting game for the system.  I expect for ps4 and xbox one to go up percentage wise this month.  You are concentrating too much that if it was down year on year on prior months, that means that it will be down from the rest of the year.  Let see what happen.

I can see XBO to be up (but not by much), just because now is at 350$ VS 500$...

For PS4 is a different story, it is still at 400$, and people underestimate the Batman bundle... i think that PS4 can be even +400,000 in June NPD, but the sales in April/May will be low for PS4... i also think that 3DS or XBO can beat PS4 in May NPD. (is not my prediction, but i think can easy happen).

Let see... :D

PS4: 205k
3DS: 165k
Bone: 145k
Wii U: 35k
Vita: 5k

PS4: 190,000
XBO: 120,000
WiiU: 50,000

3DS: 125,000
PSV: 10,000

PS4: 200k
3DS: 165k
XBO: 145k
Wii U: 70k
PSV: 30k

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

mmmmm let me try
PS4 - 190,000
XBO - 115,000
3DS - 160,000
Wii U - 60,000
PSV - 15,000