By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - March 2015 NPD Thread! PS4, XBO, Wii U, 3DS, Bloodborne up

Aura7541 said:
super6646 said:

Really? Did you just listen to my comment? No of course you didn't. I said systems! This thing could outsell the XB1 version 4:1 for all I care, but its not going to have a significant effect on sales.

It's a mainstream game that has been popular for over 2 decades. Mortal Kombat X will indeed move systems and since it will sell more on the PS4, it will move more PS4's than XBO's.

also Xbox already has a good fight game, in Killer Instinct. So people that already have their fighter type game urges forfilled, will be less likely to buy a new game.

Meanwhile I dont think the same is true for the ps4 (no real fighting game out atm for it).

That and marketing rights, and mortal combat should sell alot better on ps4 and maybe move a few units extra.

Around the Network

Console sales revenue is reportedly down 30% YOY and 20% from feb if I read this correctly

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2015-04-16-npd-console-sales-plunge-21-percent-in-march

poklane said:
celador said:
DOwn 21% in units or revenue?

According to Venturebeat, revenue:

''The big drag on revenue was definitely new hardware sales, which were down 21 percent from $393.4 million in March 2014 to just $311.1 million this year.''

You obviously have to calculate in the Xbox One being $150 cheaper than last year.

...and moving less units.

poklane said:
celador said:
DOwn 21% in units or revenue?

According to Venturebeat, revenue:

''The big drag on revenue was definitely new hardware sales, which were down 21 percent from $393.4 million in March 2014 to just $311.1 million this year.''

You obviously have to calculate in the Xbox One being $150 cheaper than last year.

That's good, as you said X1 is down in price significantly and did not have the bonus of a Titanfall-like boost. That should cover a good deal of that decrease.

NewGuy said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
fluky-nintendy said:

Proof???

Mario Party 10: #4 (only Wii U)

Final Fantasy Type 0: #10 (All version)

I think he's asking for your proof of "a lot"

LOL, if MP10 is at #4 and FF #10 seem logic think that MP10 have sold much better...

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
Aura7541 said:

It's a mainstream game that has been popular for over 2 decades. Mortal Kombat X will indeed move systems and since it will sell more on the PS4, it will move more PS4's than XBO's.

also Xbox already has a good fight game, in Killer Instinct. So people that already have their fighter type game urges forfilled, will be less likely to buy a new game.

Meanwhile I dont think the same is true for the ps4 (no real fighting game out atm for it).

That and marketing rights, and mortal combat should sell alot better on ps4 and maybe move a few units extra.

Actually, the PS4 has Guilty Gear Xrd and it's a damn beautiful fighter, though it's nowhere as popular as Street Fighter, Tekken, or Mortal Kombat.

teigaga said:
Console sales are reportedly down 30% YOY and 20% from feb if I read this correctly

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2015-04-16-npd-console-sales-plunge-21-percent-in-march

Apparently it's for revenue which makes sense since the XBO is $150 cheaper than it was last year at the same time.

super6646 said:
Aura7541 said:

The last Mortal Kombat sold 1 million according to April 2011 NPD. And do you know what was more interesting? The PS3 version sold more than the 360 version in the US despite the fact that the 360 had a huge lead in the country. Do your research.

Really? Did you just listen to my comment? No of course you didn't. I said systems! This thing could outsell the XB1 version 4:1 for all I care, but its not going to have a significant effect on sales.

Everything that has a decent pedigree has an effect on sales this early in the cycle. What will reduce the effect somewhat is that it's a cross gen title. But still, it will give PS4 a boost to a greater extent than it will boost Xb one. But certainly there won't be the same effect as an actual exclusive. April is probably too early for the Batman special edition PS4 to have an effect on PS4 sales. But I still think the popularity of that sku will make May very tight.

Waiting for more leaks now.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

NewGuy said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
fluky-nintendy said:

Proof???

Mario Party 10: #4 (only Wii U)

Final Fantasy Type 0: #10 (All version)

I think he's asking for your proof of "a lot"

One is ranked 4th, other is 10th. Could be close but thats a big difference in a way

ethomaz said:

So no better sales than last year means....

< 311k

That fits with my prediction... Xbone will be down yoy.

In March, cumulative U.S. Xbox One sales continues to outpace Xbox 360 at the same point in its lifecycle

This part makes it sound as if it's down compared to the 360 as they use cumulative (which I take to mean since launch) and the Xbone did sell far better in it's first year.