By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - March 2015 NPD Thread! PS4, XBO, Wii U, 3DS, Bloodborne up

Xbox One continues to see strong growth in both its fanbase and time spent on Xbox Live. In March, cumulative U. Xbox One sales continued to outpaceXbox360 sales at the same pointin its lifecycle. Globally, the average amount of time spent playing games on Xbox One through Xbox Live increased by 45 percent in March 2015 compared to March 2014. And, gaming fans are sharing their experiences with the community at an incredible rate with the average Xbox One Twitch broadcastersharing 212 minutes or .5 hours of gameplayearh month. Were grateful to our passionate and highly engaged Xbox Onefan base and are looking forward to sharing more on games coming later this year, including the highly anticipated release of Halo : Guardianson Oct. 27.Mike Nichols, Corporate Vice President, Xbox
Marketing, Microsoft

Around the Network
Azerth said:
tbone51 said:
Whydoes MS always do stuff like that, so weird imo

same reason sony did it for most of last gen

Indeed, it's their job to paint a positive picture.

They're not going to put "well... they beat us again... maybe next month?"

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

I might be jumping to conclusions, but MS does not mention YOY growth for the XBone, so I'm guessing March 2014 > March 2015. Anyone have last March's numbers for Xbone?

Ryng_Tolu said:
bananaking21 said:

PR saying XB1 life time outpaces 360 lifetime at the same point in its life cycle. so it doesnt really mean that it been 360's march in 2007

Oh, so is lifetime only?

yup. though id be surprised if it was lower than 199k honestly. 

NewGuy said:
I might be jumping to conclusions, but MS does not mention YOY growth for the XBone, so I'm guessing March 2014 > March 2015. Anyone have last March's numbers for Xbone?

311k http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=181828

Around the Network

Ryng_Tolu said:

Oh, so is lifetime only?

Yeap and it is already 1.6m ahead without March.

NewGuy said:

the last two months MS used " a record feb" and "a record jan" for Xb1. this month they didnt, its pretty clear its less than last years march. which is really bad considering its a full 150$ cheaper. 

Talking about Halo 5 already :/

bananaking21 said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Oh, so is lifetime only?

yup. though id be surprised if it was lower than 199k honestly. 

Yeah, even for me 199,000 is too low considering that have sold 276,000 in February... any way, more than 199,000 can be even 400,000.

Well it wasn't better YOY so it means it did worse than last March right? It did have Titanfall. Does anyone remember what XBO did last March?

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"