By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - When XB1 will outsell the original XBOX?

When XBO will break 25,000,000 unit mark?

Starting 2016 51 14.74%

Half of 2016 53 15.32%

End of 2016 68 19.65%

Starting 2017 23 6.65%

Half of 2017 16 4.62%

End of 2017 25 7.23%

2018 or after 17 4.91%

Never 93 26.88%

Total:346
Ryng_Tolu said:
Jabbamk1 said:

Will you stop making up numbers. 

It's 14.5m in the USA. 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW, 500,000 difference... or 3% difference... lol.

You know VGChartz numbers are made up right? You shouldn't use them as a definitive number for anything. 

Around the Network
Jabbamk1 said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW, 500,000 difference... or 3% difference... lol.

You know VGChartz numbers are made up right? You shouldn't use them as a definitive number for anything. 

What? You have said 14,500,000 is the real sales, and i said 15,000,000 for round up. 3% difference.

Now.

Who have nominate VGChartz!?

Jabbamk1 said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

25,000,000 is WW.

US is 15,000,000.

It's 14.5m in the USA. 

Chill out, it's called rounding.....

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Shadow1980 said:
Jabbamk1 said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

25,000,000 is WW.

US is 15,000,000.

It's 14.5m in the USA. 

I have NPD numbers for the Xbox going all the way until the end of 2006 and they have it at about 14,910,000.

Would you like to prove that. Because that's impossible. 

I am going to vote for "starting 2016" because I can

Proud to be a Californian.

Around the Network

Definitely before the other two catch their gen 6 predecessors.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Slade6alpha said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

I've been hoping Trucks ads that feature and that only members can vote.

Plus, I heard there's a way to vote multiple times... Those features would be nice though. 

I already know how to do that

Proud to be a Californian.

Shadow1980 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Why would XB1 be lower in 2015 than in 2014, and by about a million? This is a Halo year afterall, that doesn't make much sense to me.

Because the last third of 2014 was overinflated by "Tier 2" launches as a short-term price cut-assisted boost in the U.S. According to VGC's global numbers Q4 alone represented a whopping 62.4% of the XBO's sales for the year. Add in September and you have 73% of the year's sales. Typically Q4 sales of any given system represent 45-55% of the year's sales. While Q1 looks to be a bit up globally this year, we're still "only" looking at about around 1.1M for the quarter. Projecting forward through the year based on normal quaterly portions of yearly sales, we're talking about 6.5-6.6M for the year. Note that I am alotting upwards of 250k additional units due to Halo 5 (note that the effects of individual software releases on hardware sales are usually quite modest). To use an alternate calculation, my current projections for the U.S. have it at 4 million for this year; assuming the U.S. represents about 60% of global sales, that puts it at about 6.6-6.7M for the year. At most, I don't expect the XBO to sell significantly more than 7 million units this year globally. Q4's portion of the year's sales will likely be a far more normal this year. Given historical precedent I expect Sony to cut the PS4's price to $300 this year. MS will likely not take the losses incurred by a drop to $250 and they will likely only bump it down to $300 just to maintain parity. A $300 PS4 running at parity with the XBO will almost certainly nullify any prospects of the XBO having another disproportionately large Q4.

I simply don't see a scenario where the XBO does not decline YoY this year. But I do think it will grow in 2016 as I expect we'll see a cut to $250, likely concurrent with the release of a Slim model. If this does come to pass, it wouldn't be the first time a system zig-zagged in annual sales, dipping YoY one year then bouncing back the next. The 360 did it globally, the PSP did it in the U.S. & Japan, and the PS3 did it in Japan.

Quite interesting. So you're definitely betting on a 100$ price cut for the PS4 this year?

Historical precedence aside do you really think Sony would dare such a move this year?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Jabbamk1 said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

24,650,000 for be correct.

So, is more close to 25,000,000 than 24,000,000.

What's your source?

And don't say VGChartz. 

What? We can't use VGChartz numbers on VGChartz forums?

Slade6alpha said:

People seriously think never....?
OT: Late 2016.

Edit: I really wish VGC allowed us to see what users voted for in the polls... Would be legendary. 

For the record, I voted 2018 or after.