By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash Update 1.06 Decrypted - Rumor? Roy and... Ryu from Street Fighter? O.o

From Reddit

submitted 4 hours ago * by shinyquagsire23

Ok, so I just got the latest update decrypted, and I think I have some news which might be rather interesting.

First things first, new sounds. In /romfs/sound/bgm we have a slew of new sounds (and some old ones from prior updates since each update overwrites the other). The list is:

snd_bgm_F27_AIR_MoriStage_3DS.nus3bank

snd_bgm_H12_BW_Sentou_Zekrom_Reshiram_3DS.nus3bank

snd_bgm_SF01_SF2_Ryu_3DS.nus3bank

snd_bgm_T09_SDX_PupupuLand_3DS.nus3bank

snd_bgm_V01_PAC_PacMan_3DS.nus3bank

snd_bgm_Z80_F_Mewtwo_3DS.nus3bank

snd_bgm_Z81_F_Ryu_3DS.nus3bank

snd_bgm_Z82_F_Lucas_3DS.nus3bank

snd_bgm_Z83_F_Roy_3DS.nus3bank

Now obviously the biggest sticklers are Ryu, Mewtwo, Roy, and Lucas. Not sure who Ryu is (although if anyone does know, please tell),. However, Roy most intrigued me. Did they update the koopa kid's sound for some reason? Or is there more?

So I converted the 4 sounds which most stuck out to me:

snd_bgm_SF01_SF2_Ryu_3DS

snd_bgm_Z81_F_Ryu_3DS

snd_bgm_Z82_F_Lucas_3DS

snd_bgm_Z83_F_Roy_3DS

Most of these are victory screens, all but the first Ryu sound file which seems to be a new stage. Now here's the kicker: Roy's victory theme is the Fire Emblem victory theme.

Yes, we're getting Roy back guys!

I'll continue exploring around if I can, it's a bit late here unfortunately and I might not be back for a while though.

EDIT: I just looked into it, apparently Ryu is from Street Fighter

EDIT 2: Went ahead and ran a file listing on every updated file (although, granted, this also includes every update from before 1.06), txt file is here. Nothing too special, wouldn't run to any conclusions from just a file list.

EDIT 3: Just to clarify, this is from a 3DS decryption, not Wii U. No idea what's in the Wii U files, and I don't have a Wii U to verify that.

EDIT 4: As some people pointed out, these could also be scrap files, no guarantees on anything yet. Really interesting though.

Edit 5: RIP Dropbox links. Might have to find another place to throw them.

Around the Network

Ryu could work. I'll be up for it!

Could be a precursor to the much demanded Nintendo VS Capcom

Didn't Sakurai say no to characters from other fighting games at one point?

Who is to say it isn't Ryu from Digimon or any other character by that name? XD

ihatefatkatz said:
Ryu could work. I'll be up for it!

Could be a precursor to the much demanded Nintendo VS Capcom

You read my mind.

Interesting! I could see it

Around the Network
Twilord said:
Didn't Sakurai say no to characters from other fighting games at one point?

I'm not sure, but didn't they say they weren't going to do DLC characters after Mewtwo anymore too? Anything can happen at this point.

would more think http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryu_Hayabusa considering that the last Dead or Alive game on the 3ds featured a Metroid stage with ridley flying about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpQRuIoL4Hs

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden would be more probable.

Signature goes here!

Classic NES Ryu Hayabusa would be a cool addition.

I would be down for NES Ryu Hayabusa