By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash Update 1.06 Decrypted - Rumor? Roy and... Ryu from Street Fighter? O.o

Twilord said:
Didn't Sakurai say no to characters from other fighting games at one point?

Who is to say it isn't Ryu from Digimon or any other character by that name? XD

Sakurai also Mewtwo would be the only DLC for Smash, and there would be no other paid DLC characters 

I think they stopped listening to him and started listening to the fans now

Around the Network

It's Ryu from Street Fighter if true, what was purported to be found is music.

Also, this is still pre-ballot DLC, and I'd bet that a few additional characters (including Wolf) are already being worked on.

Spazzy_D said:
It's Ryu from Street Fighter if true, what was purported to be found is music.

Also, this is still pre-ballot DLC, and I'd bet that a few additional characters (including Wolf) are already being worked on.

I agree. My original prediction after Mewtwo/Lucas was Wolf in Aug/Sept, Ballot Character #1 Nov/Dec and Ballot Character #2 early 2016.

That was more of "if SSB has 5 DLC character total", im hoping for 7-8 characters, it be awesome if Roy/Ryu/Wolf are being made with 2 more characters for Ballot. (King K Rool since he seems to be winning and watever other character!!!

Not sure about this one but Ryu would definitely be an interesting choice. Would like to see how he would fit in a Smash game.

It'd be cool to see a character from a popular fighting series be in Smash Bros.

I'm also down with the return of Roy, despite being a clone.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."