By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Thank you, Square Enix

Next big RPG from Square Enix comes on consoles!

Thats awesome !!!!! 39 81.25%

I'm surprised, great = ) 9 18.75%

Total:48
Redgrave said:

But that was the way they were meant to be though. That's what sold the games. They've changed too much and their fans are not happy.

From survival horror to boulder-punching. It's just daft.

I'm a Capcom fan and I'm extremely happy with what they've done. Resident Evil 5 is my favourite game from the franchise. DMC4 and DmC are both awesome games.

Around the Network
alternine said:
Redgrave said:

Capcom turned Resident Evil into an over-the-top, boulder-punching action series and Devil May Cry into a Blood on the Dance Floor music video.

They deserve the hate they get.

Theres nothing wrong with action. Old school RE's are boring as hell

I know there's nothing wrong with action, it's just that Resident Evil isn't an action series. It's survival horror. The atmosphere that made the series is gone and it's now generic action.

The best news I've heard all year, thank you square I love you! Star Ocean: 4 was awesome btw, Some much time lost to that game. :)

Wright said:
Redgrave said:

But that was the way they were meant to be though. That's what sold the games. They've changed too much and their fans are not happy.

I'm a Capcom fan and I'm extremely happy with what they've done. Resident Evil 5 is my favourite game from the franchise. DMC4 and DmC are both awesome games.

You're very much in the minority with those opinions. Square Enix also received approxmiately 2.8x more hate than Capcom does.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Wright said:
Redgrave said:

Well, to each his own, it's good that you enjoy them.

DMC4 is fantastic. DmC is good as well, but no-one wanted the change. Capcom have a bad habit of "fixing" things that aren't broken.

Around the Network

I hope for a Vita version of Star Ocean 5.

I won't celebrate until this becomes a trend, but this is great news regardless. Maybe that internet poll did have an effect...?

It's good I guess, but im still looking for a new "of Mana" or "Chrono" game instead.

Yup, good news that their announcement isn't just something random

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

SE coming out with FFXV, KH3, Star Ocean 5, DQ Heroes 1 and 2, FF Dissidea, Deus Ex mankind divided, TR 2, new Hitman, FF Type 1, but it doesn't matter how many quality titles they release.  People will still hate them.