By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Thank you, Square Enix

Next big RPG from Square Enix comes on consoles!

Thats awesome !!!!! 39 81.25%

I'm surprised, great = ) 9 18.75%

Total:48

I fell out of love with SE a few years ago, but my opinion of them has improved dramatically over the last 1.5~ years. It's getting pretty silly how many of their upcoming games i'm exited for (FF14 3.0, FF15, KH3, SO5, FFD, etc).

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

SE coming out with FFXV, KH3, Star Ocean 5, DQ Heroes 1 and 2, FF Dissidea, Deus Ex mankind divided, TR 2, new Hitman, FF Type 1, but it doesn't matter how many quality titles they release.  People will still hate them.

They haven't actually released them yet though...

It won't matter, they'll release all of them and people will still hate them.

Why do these companies bother?

The best JRPG of the Godly Order of all that is Saint has already been made and it's on a Nintendo console.

Nothing can and ever will beat that game because they aren't Nintendo first party.

I think developers should stop making JRPGs and let Monolith do their miracles and let them save gaming already.

Their last game is already said to stand the test of time like the greats from the 16 bits era, despite being only 5 years old. This should tell you a lot.

Ka-pi96 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
Ka-pi96 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

SE coming out with FFXV, KH3, Star Ocean 5, DQ Heroes 1 and 2, FF Dissidea, Deus Ex mankind divided, TR 2, new Hitman, FF Type 1, but it doesn't matter how many quality titles they release.  People will still hate them.

They haven't actually released them yet though...

It won't matter, they'll release all of them and people will still hate them.

Point is they may not actually be quality when they release though, so the hate may be warranted. FF13 for example looked fantastic before release, opinions quickly changed however after people actually got to play the game.

Almost all those teams have earned enough trust to know they will be quality titles.  KH team making FFXV never made a bad game, Osaka (forgot the name think that's it) team making KH3 never made a bad game, Deus Ex/TR/Hitman were all quality titles in their last iteration, FF Type 0 was great for a PSP game, same with the Dissidea geames.  FF13 has no bearing on any of these games since it was made by a different team.

This is like me saying Witcher 3 migh be bad so people should stop praising CD Project Red.

No thanks from me to Square, I rather have Tomb Raider on PS4 rather than the inferior 360 version I will be playing.