By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Star Ocean 5 announced for PS4, PS3

Wow. Looks cool. Hoping for a gameplay reveal at E3.

Around the Network

official my most wanted game of all consles !!! I'm so hyped!!!!!

My Retail Games Collection (January 2015)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ99pL3WR2goZTseFboiz8g

There's 4 of these? Never heard of 'em.

TheGoldenBoy said:
KilleyMc said:

Yeah, I didn't understand that move, I doubt they have a  50-50 deal with Sony on the PS4s sold thanks to that. Why then lose the extra sales?

My guess is that Sony paid them to not release it in the West on PS3. PS3 software sales in the West have been steadily dropping. Battlefield Hardline didn't even chart for PS3, so it probably didn't cost them much to make it PS4 exclusive in the West.

That might be the reason, Square gets its extra money anyways and Sony gets to sell more PS4s, even if it sucks for the customers it works for them. Oh well, I'll just wait and see what happens, scans are looking good so far. 

PullusPardus said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

This is exactly how I feel.

Why? what is so bad about having more people to play? there is absolutely no loss in making it on PS3. 

I frankly just want developers to move on from last gen. That's simply it. However, software sales in the West for PS3 are starting to drop so it wouldn't surprise me if we start seeing less cross-gen titles or deals similar to Dragon Quest Heroes.

Around the Network

good thing they moved away from the creepy dolls look of SO4

Not bad, I like the main character's design.

I was expecting a mobile game, so this is a major step up.

HYPE!!!!!! Finally they did something cool =) more jrpg love for my ps4, but i believe by the time this releases a ps3 version wont make much sense.

I'm sure it will come out on Xbox one outside Japan