By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Star Ocean 5 announced for PS4, PS3

I'm still shocked it's not a mobile game and somewhat disappointed that we're still getting a last gen version so late.

However, I am glad that were getting another new game for the PS4.

Around the Network
SjOne said:
KilleyMc said:
Hopefully they won't pull that "no PS3 release for the west" again.

That really ruined Dragon Quest Heroes for me. Why not just release the PS3 version internationally? They must not like extra sales.

Yeah, I didn't understand that move, I doubt they have a  50-50 deal with Sony on the PS4s sold thanks to that. Why then lose the extra sales?

UltimateUnknown said:
Okay I've got a raging boner right now. Is this normal?

If it lasts for more than four hours, you should consult a doctor

KilleyMc said:
SjOne said:

That really ruined Dragon Quest Heroes for me. Why not just release the PS3 version internationally? They must not like extra sales.

Yeah, I didn't understand that move, I doubt they have a  50-50 deal with Sony on the PS4s sold thanks to that. Why then lose the extra sales?

My guess is that Sony paid them to not release it in the West on PS3. PS3 software sales in the West have been steadily dropping. Battlefield Hardline didn't even chart for PS3, so it probably didn't cost them much to make it PS4 exclusive in the West.

daredevil.shark said:

This game is co developed by Sony Computer Entertainment Japan studio.

Do you have a source for that? I can't find anything about it in the article (just that tri-Ace are developing and SE are publishing). That would explain the exclusivity though.

Around the Network
xl-klaudkil said:

Ps2 didnt had that much in its second year to.

And yea a new suikoden! Bring it.

I remember it having an amazing lineup of JRPGs actually released. 2002 was a great year for JRPG. Also ya, I really think the only way I will ever change my mind is if a new Dark Cloud like game comes out and a new Suikoden. (I have one more title from 2002, called Grandia 2, but I doubt I will ever see a new Grandia.)

Regardless I welcome new games with open arms, don't want my console to collect too much dust waiting for titles to come out between holiday seasons.

That's great News for PS4 !!! I'll stay tuned.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Lol, cross-gen but no Vita.

Roronaa_chan said:
Lol, cross-gen but no Vita.

Since it is Star Ocean, I imagine the filesize alone will make it hard to put on the vita, unless they cut all the scenes somehow. 

Acevil said:
xl-klaudkil said:

Ps2 didnt had that much in its second year to.

And yea a new suikoden! Bring it.

I remember it having an amazing lineup of JRPGs actually released. 2002 was a great year for JRPG. Also ya, I really think the only way I will ever change my mind is if a new Dark Cloud like game comes out and a new Suikoden. (I have one more title from 2002, called Grandia 2, but I doubt I will ever see a new Grandia.)

Regardless I welcome new games with open arms, don't want my console to collect too much dust waiting for titles to come out between holiday seasons.

Well Level-5 said they're revealing their PS4 exclusive at E3 2015 so there's still more to come.