By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EU Sales UP!!--PS3>WII

Nintendo might have produced less PAL Wiis and more NTSC Wiis to compensate for the Brawl release in NA?

PSN: Lone_Canis_Lupus

Around the Network

@tendou

360 Price drop in FULL effect + He believes GTA IV will have a larger effect on 360 sales due to its lower price....

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

THE PS3 DOMINATION HAS STARTED =)

I told you all this was coming!! =)))

All NINTENDO fans have bought the wii =))

The PS3 is Priced 3X more then the WII in EUROPE, Just wait until GTA4, MGS4, GT5, and KILLZONE2 HIT =)))

ALL big WII game are OUT!!! No new people buy WII!!!11!!1111 =)))))))))

Thank you crazzyman for your thoughts. Its a nice start for the PS3 this week, but i doubt the success this week in PaL will continue over to NA. I saw the wii advertised in Future shop which means they have a nice supply in stock for the Brawl release.

And people though I was a duplicate account of crazzymans

{points towards grifin}

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Griffin said:
THE PS3 DOMINATION HAS STARTED =)

I told you all this was coming!! =)))

All NINTENDO fans have bought the wii =))

The PS3 is Priced 3X more then the WII in EUROPE, Just wait until GTA4, MGS4, GT5, and KILLZONE2 HIT =)))

ALL big WII game are OUT!!! No new people buy WII!!!11!!1111 =)))))))))

Thank you crazzyman for your thoughts. Its a nice start for the PS3 this week, but i doubt the success this week in PaL will continue over to NA. I saw the wii advertised in Future shop which means they have a nice supply in stock for the Brawl release.

Lol, nice parody.

PS3 is not 3X the price of Wii though, £180X3 does not = £300 (although PS3s are selling on Amazon for £280)
Crazzy usually gets his facts straight even if he somehow  takes odd predictions from them.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
@tendou

360 Price drop in FULL effect + He believes GTA IV will have a larger effect on 360 sales due to its lower price....

Price drop I can agree with, but not GTAIV. I can mention a dozen factors for either party to trump the other one in sales.

Well, Amazon isn't a good indicator of the sales. But, it still says something about the nature of the supply constraints. It's not the same as America where it's always been out of stock in just about any retailer that exists. I've never seen them in stock in Amazon either.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

TWRoO said:
black8jac said:
DMeisterJ said:
@ Darth

Amazon is not an indicator of sales.

Now I need a pic of a baby seal.

Amazon is not indicator of sales, but if Wii wasn't sold out on Amazon in Europe means lower Wii sales wasn't due to stock shortages.

Wii suply met demand and Wii still sold worse than PS3.

Because if Amazon is not an indicator of sales, then neither is it an indicator of stock (except the stock and sales on Amazon)

This is clearly proved by these facts:
1. The Wii was in stock on Amazon.
2. The Wii was also the top seller in "PC and video games", ahead of PS3 which probably hovered around 10 (what it is at now)
3.If the above are both true then surely despite Wii being in stock it would have outsold the PS3 in UK well enough anyway.

Therefore just because it was in stock in Amazon doesn't mean there weren't people who still missed out on a Wii when they went into shops to get it.

Nice and smooth but.... Wii was in stock in all major stret retailers in UK last week.

I'm happy for the PS3, but this doesn't really mean much in the long term. Now if it did this for 4-5 weeks in a row....

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

According to fishy joe(read my signature) a moderator on the site, its believed that amazon is a great source for sales.

On topic:

Im not so impressed, I expected blu-ray to drasticly pull up PS3 sales beyond the 100k point, though this is barely a victory in my books, its still on the margin of error, and the two consoles are basicly = in this weeks sales. Though I keep wondering what would happen if the PS3 was priced the same as the wii in this region.

mM