By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EU Sales UP!!--PS3>WII

It kills me that we're still dealing with stupid bullshit like this. Remember in fall 2007 when every Wii-hater was convinced that stockpiling was a myth and that demand was falling? How'd that work out?

It's almost as repetetive and annoying as the "This article says Company X shipped this number, VGCHARTZ IS WRONG!!!!1" threads that pop up every week or so.

Around the Network

I still do not understand how everyone thinks Nintendo diverted the EU shipments to the US.

Since when do US games play on a PAL console? Or do they? Or is it that EU games do not play on US consoles?

Uhhhh....... someone please enlighten me?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

darthdevidem01 said:
Is EVRYONE IGNORING my post

WHY was the wii IN STOCK ALL WEEK on Amazon UK??

+ HOW will EU WII's go to USA when WII's AREN'T region free??

I am not downplaying the wii btu answers to these questions would be convinient

Why did Wiiplay drop from the top 5 to completely off the top 40? The same reason it has happened the past 2 years. Low Wii stock. Despite what you think of Amazon, it hasnt ever been a reliable source for the stock situation in any country. When Wiiplay is down, that means Wii console sales are down. And Wii console sales die off like a rock when supply is limited. Common sense says because the biggest game ever for the console was launching in its strongest market the week after the tracking ended. So the factories stop producing EU wii's and start manufacturing more of the US ones.

Thats why, the same factories making the EU wiis are making the US ones, so the fact that Wii isnt region free means absolutely nothing. They lower production of the EU ones and raise the US production.

Edit: Its really a shame that we have to go through this again. We are over a year in now. You should all know the routine. Starting that "It begins" crap when in a few weeks they will replenish Wii supply and Wii will steamroll the PS3 is just stupid. Just stop. It ends the same each time. 

Euphoria14 said:
I still do not understand how everyone thinks Nintendo diverted the EU shipments to the US.

Since when do US games play on a PAL console? Or do they? Or is it that EU games do not play on US consoles?

One of the main reasons Nintendo has used a proprietary AV plug is the difference between a PAL and NTSC system is the firmware that is loaded on the system and the cable that is included in the box; both of which can easily be changed on a manufacturing line with very little effort.

HappySqurriel said:
Euphoria14 said:

One of the main reasons Nintendo has used a proprietary AV plug is the difference between a PAL and NTSC system is the firmware that is loaded on the system and the cable that is included in the box; both of which can easily be changed on a manufacturing line with very little effort.

I figured it was just in the cables and firmware.

Thanks for clearing that up. :)

I guess we all get to find out in a couple days with the HUGE Wii sales for the US. Although personally, I feel that no matter how many it sells, it will probably never get the games that we all want, besides the games made by Ninty themselves.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Wii is outselling the PS3 4-1 in Japan, therefore don´t worry.

Wii units are not available from UK Amazon, but are available from Amazon France and Amazon Germany.

Basically, this is a strange week. Not sure why the PS3 sales are so high (relatively speaking) because no software sold (relatively speaking). I wonder if it is a Blu-Ray player surge?

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

I think this confirms my belief that the Wii is slowly failing. The numbers have been falling for quite a while now and personally I would trace it back to E3 when Wii Fit was announced. That game just turned off so many hardcore gamers that the only people who would really buy Wiis since then are the casuals and they aren't enough to keep the console alive because they don't buy games.

I'd say that the Wii is practically Doomed.

Why are people talking about stock being shipped to north america? It doesnt matter. The fact is the wii is not sold out in europe so whatever amount of wii's their were in europe this week were enough to satisfy demand and what the wii sold this week would not have been more even if a million more wii's were on store shleves in europe.