By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - great game series cut down young

DUngeon keeper 3, Little big adventure 3? Anyone....

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Around the Network

Shenmue, Kid Icarus, StarTropics, Punch-Out, and Viewtiful Joe all came to mind for me too. I'd also have to say Final Fight.

Although the franchise itself isn't dead, I'd like to see another Rayman platformer.

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

All great games mentioned so far. I'm going to go with something different:

Joust - One of my favorite arcade games. No sequel, but it is getting a movie adaptation so maybe there will be movie based Joust game.

Tron - Okay there was a Tron 2 with was totally different but cool. But definately a dead franchise.

Dewy's Adventure - Yeah, it had sickeningly sweet presentation, but I loved the gameplay, slightly flawed as it was. But poor sales for the first will kill the franchise right off the bat. Too bad.

Okami - What? Why wasn't this mentioned already?

Myst - Okay, Myst was hardly cut short, but it is dead. Love to see it resurrected on Wii.

Okami may not have been mentioned because it is not part of a series and an upgraded version of it is just about to come out.

I thought there was a Myst on DS?

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Dragon Force - greatness?

Chrono Trigger (Chrono Cross was good too, but its time for a new one)

"Theif!!!!!!!!" Looking Glass Studios went belly up, a third installment was released by someone else, I dont think it impressed.

Baldurs Gate!? Sure, two games and two expansions, and sure we got NWN, but BG was a story unto itself, I miss it, and I want to see the characters I enjoyed and their very detailed stories in something new.

Around the Network

People already mentioned big names like Viewtiful Joe and Earthbound (and props to the person who mentioned Snake Rattle & Roll... that game needs to be on VC and begs for a sequel.)

The game I'd most like to see get a sequel is Freedom Fighters, an amazing 3rd person shooter that came out in '03.  It was critically praised but had lackluster sales, similar to other titles like Psychonauts and BG&E and was supposed to get a sequel but never happened.  Theres plenty of 1st and 3rd person shooters out there now of course but this one's pretty unique, and u can easily get a used copy for any of the last gen systems dirt cheap so if u see it pick it up its worth it

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Super NINJA BOY!!

FreeTalkLive said:
Okami may not have been mentioned because it is not part of a series and an upgraded version of it is just about to come out.

I thought there was a Myst on DS?

True Okami (nor Dewy or Joust) lived long enough to be a series, but then neither have some of the others mentioned.

Myst DS from my understanding is just a DSed version of Myst V, not a new game.

Gamerace said:

Joust - One of my favorite arcade games. No sequel, but it is getting a movie adaptation so maybe there will be movie based Joust game.

Heh useless tidbit of info here... there was a planned 3D sequel to Joust on N64 (called Joust 64, what are the odds!?!)  but it got canned, oh well just thought id share lol.

Oh and back on topic, i know we've got the Paper Mario series now but I along with millions of others would kill for a direct sequel to the original Mario RPG... only thing that could mabye top that would be another Chrono Trigger/Cross game.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

NightDragon83 said:
Gamerace said:

Heh useless tidbit of info here... there was a planned 3D sequel to Joust on N64 (called Joust 64, what are the odds!?!) but it got canned, oh well just thought id share lol.

Oh and back on topic, i know we've got the Paper Mario series now but I along with millions of others would kill for a direct sequel to the original Mario RPG... only thing that could mabye top that would be another Chrono Trigger/Cross game.

Actually I heard about a more recent attempt at a 3d Joust (from Surfer Girl I believe had some screen shots) but I don't think Joust works in 3d.  Still a redone, updated 2d version would be great.