By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - great game series cut down young

Jet Grind Radio and Jet Force Gemini ...

Around the Network

Earthbound and Square's fighting game Tobal were my favorite Japanese series to only receive 1 game in America. Earthbound was fun, funny, and made fun of cops (what more could you want).

Tobal was the most promising 3d fighter when it came out. It may not have bad the best graphics, music, sound effects, or refined fighting, but it made up for that in being extremely smooth, fresh, and having what was at the time the best adventure mode in a fighting game. Tobal 2 greatly increased the number of characters, improved the graphics, refined the fighting, and improved the quest mode. If Square would have kept Tobal alive over the years, it would be up there with Virtual Fighter and Tekken by now.

I'd also like to see a Bushindo Blade type game on the Wii.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

I also would say Gladius like fagarcia75 already mentioned. I mean they made it with an open end and than there was never a second part to end the story. This also aplies to Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy. This one also had an open end and no second part. I liked to play both games last generation, but both had endings which were made for a second part and noone made it.

I'm surprised to see so many people mention Earthbound, btw, that is my pick also.

Star Tropics.

Around the Network
amp316 said:
Earthworm Jim is one that I haven't seen mentioned.

i too would every much to see jim return. how sad, 2 good games and an animated series to start....

then two terrible gba ports and a sub par 3d game.

Duke Nukem

Beyond Good and Evil sequel please!
I want another ECCO the Dolphin game after playing the DC one for years...
Space Channel 5 was hilariously silly fun and i'd play another one..
Legacy of Kain...Another DC game I played again and again...Hardly any loading screens seems like thestuff of dreams but this pulled it off years ago.
Eternal Darkness!

Playing: Borderlands(great co-op,HUGE amount of content),Too Human(better late than never lol),Saints Row 3(Penetrator ftw),Minecraft 360,Harry Potter Lego. 

Patiently waiting for:  Tomb Raider, Borderlands 2

iconeternal said:
You really missed the sarcasm there? cum'on mate try harder
That was pretty much the most blatant sacasm I've ever seen 

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

The core Metroid series. (not prime, zero mission, etc)
We've only had 4 games since 1987, I, II, Super Metroid, and Fusion.
I mean come on.
I know its not dead but it sure is decrepit as hell.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.