By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Just realized, Woolly World is the first console Yoshi game in 17 years

Tagged games:

Faxanadu said:
Please, never mentioned that N64 abomination of a game ever again!

If it's any consolation I don't like it either, even as a kid I found it a huge letdown after the amazingness of Yoshi's Island.

Around the Network
hsrob said:
Faxanadu said:

I don't remember any Yoshi game on the Nintendo 64......

I fully agree. There was only one Yoshi game on the SNES

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

curl-6 said:
Faxanadu said:

If it's any consolation I don't like it either, even as a kid I found it a huge letdown after the amazingness of Yoshi's Island.

Which game?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

well he is in MK, Mario and Mario Party so they are milking him and every other Nintendo character in those games

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Cloudman said:
Eddie_Raja said:

Is that counting the ocean of remakes?

At this point, I think you're just speaking nonsense now. The only Mario game I remember being remade was the original 3 in an All-Stars pack released twice. Once on the SNES and again on the Wii.

As far as Zelda, Ocarina was ported to the GC and 3DS, as well as Majora's Mask. And Wind Waker was remade once for the Wii U.

That hardly seems like an ocean.

LOL seriously?  Wind Waker has been on like 3 platforms, Super Mario 64 has been remade to death, and Ocarina of Time was remade in 3D as well.  I know there are plenty of others I am missing but how you cannot notice this confuses me.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Was going back over Nintendo IPs and realized some other extended breaks:

Pilot Wings 64 to Pilot Wings Resort  (15 years)

Excitebike to Excitebike 64  (15 years)

Punch Out SNES to Punch Out Wii  (15 years)

Pikmin 2 to Pikmin 3  (9 years)

Golden Sun to Golden Sun Dark Dawn  (9 years)

Sin & Punishment to Sin & Punishment 2  (9 years)

Super Metroid to Metroid Prime  (8 years)

Wave Race (14 years and counting)

1080° (12 years and counting)

Diddy Kong Racing (18 years and counting)

Mario Paint (23 years and counting)

EarthBound (20 years and counting)

Eddie_Raja said:

LOL seriously?  Wind Waker has been on like 3 platforms, Super Mario 64 has been remade to death, and Ocarina of Time was remade in 3D as well.  I know there are plenty of others I am missing but how you cannot notice this confuses me.

Wut? What's the point of lying? Wind Waker has been in 2 platforms (GC and WiiU Remake). Super Mario 64 was remade ONCE in the DS (once is hardly "to death"). At least you're right in OoT being remade for the 3DS... Jesus, if you want to criticize, do some research. 

Eddie_Raja said:

You seriously need to understand the difference between a remake and a port. Even then, Wind Waker has only been on 2 platforms ever. Super Mario 64 was remade once for the DS, and ported many times.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Eddie_Raja said:
Cloudman said:

At this point, I think you're just speaking nonsense now. The only Mario game I remember being remade was the original 3 in an All-Stars pack released twice. Once on the SNES and again on the Wii.

As far as Zelda, Ocarina was ported to the GC and 3DS, as well as Majora's Mask. And Wind Waker was remade once for the Wii U.

That hardly seems like an ocean.

Why on earth would you count the Wii/Wii U VC?

You do realize Sony and Microsoft also release ports of their old classics on their network right? It only counts when Nintendo does it?

God of War has had 7 games since 2005, that's more than 3D Zelda or Mario. Uncharted will have 5 games in 2016 and it only started in 2007...

3D Zelda games:

1998: Ocarina of Time

2000: Majora's Mask

Wind Waker: 2003

Twilight Princess: 2006

Skyward Sword: 2011

5 games since 1998...

baloofarsan said:
curl-6 said:

Was going back over Nintendo IPs and realized some other extended breaks:

Pilot Wings 64 to Pilot Wings Resort  (15 years)

Excitebike to Excitebike 64  (15 years)

Punch Out SNES to Punch Out Wii  (15 years)

Pikmin 2 to Pikmin 3  (9 years)

Golden Sun to Golden Sun Dark Dawn  (9 years)

Sin & Punishment to Sin & Punishment 2  (9 years)

Super Metroid to Metroid Prime  (8 years)

Wave Race (14 years and counting)

1080° (12 years and counting)

Diddy Kong Racing (18 years and counting)

Mario Paint (23 years and counting)

EarthBound (20 years and counting)

9 years; Mother 3 came out in 2006. :p

*Runs*

Seriously though, Nintendo's knack of locking away its 2nd tier franchises in the subterranean dragon-guarded vaults below EAD headquarters is extraordinary.