By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Just realized, Woolly World is the first console Yoshi game in 17 years

Tagged games:

Skullwaker said:
Eddie_Raja said:
Yeah I don't get why they feel the need to insanely over-milk 3D Mario and Zelda while keeping so many other great characters in the closet gathering dust.

Well I suppose the answer is because those 2 franchises always sell :/

3D Mario and Zelda? What?

1996 - Super Mario 64

2002 - Super Mario Sunshine

2007 - Super Mario Galaxy

2010 - Super Mario Galaxy 2

2011 - Super Mario 3D Land

2013 - Super Mario 3D World

6 games in 19 years.

1998 - Ocarina of Time

2000 - Majora's Mask

2002 - Wind Waker

2006 - Twilight Princess

2011 - Skyward Sword

5 games in 17 years.

You guys are making me feel oldddd.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Around the Network
IkePoR said:

To be fair, it's making me feel really young. Like, I was only a year old when OoT came out. Not even old enough to play it. Talk about embarassing. 

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Skullwaker said:
IkePoR said:

To be fair, it's making me feel really young. Like, I was only a year old when OoT came out. Not even old enough to play it. Talk about embarassing. 

Man, you probably started elementary school the same year I started  high school, haha. I was 9 when OoT hit. XD

I was born in the year Sonic the stenchdog was created.

The original Ocarina of Time was my first Zelda, but I only played it until I met Zelda. Then I decided to move on to Twilight Princess and finished it. Amazing game. After that I bought Skyward Sword and didn't finish it because I hate the silent realms (they trigger my anxiety disorder, thus for me, this is the worst game ever made). My next game was Ocarina of Time 3D which I finished and loved it. It's overrated by almost everyone on the internet though. Then came ALBW and this rivals Twilight Princess for me. Really great game and to think I almost dismissed it because of the artstyle and top down perspective... I bought ALTP after that, but I can't be bothered to finish it either... Boring and overrated. My last Zelda game was Majora's Mask 3D which is probably the best Zelda game ever made. It's hard for me to chose between Twilight Princess, ALBW and Majora's Mask 3D... They're all so great for different reasons. 

curl-6 said:
Man, you probably started elementary school the same year I started  high school, haha. I was 9 when OoT hit. XD

That's insane! The age gap doesn't even feel that different, lol. Super cool that you got to experience the transition of 2D to 3D gaming though. 

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network
Skullwaker said:
curl-6 said:

That's insane! The age gap doesn't even feel that different, lol. Super cool that you got to experience the transition of 2D to 3D gaming though. 

Samus Aran said:

The original Ocarina of Time was my first Zelda, but I only played it until I met Zelda. Then I decided to move on to Twilight Princess and finished it. Amazing game. After that I bought Skyward Sword and didn't finish it because I hate the silent realms (they trigger my anxiety disorder, thus for me, this is the worst game ever made). My next game was Ocarina of Time 3D which I finished and loved it. It's overrated by almost everyone on the internet though. Then came ALBW and this rivals Twilight Princess for me. Really great game and to think I almost dismissed it because of the artstyle and top down perspective... I bought ALTP after that, but I can't be bothered to finish it either... Boring and overrated. My last Zelda game was Majora's Mask 3D which is probably the best Zelda game ever made. It's hard for me to chose between Twilight Princess, ALBW and Majora's Mask 3D... They're all so great for different reasons. 

I will always remember my first Zelda. It was an awful experience for me. Reasons: my first Zelda was Majora's Mask on the N64. I was very excited, all my friends had told me it was an amazing game, a masterpiece, the reviews were great (not OoT-levels, but great)... Well, I bought it, but when I inserted the cartridge... "Expansion pack needed". WHAT? I didn't know what was that. I was like: "I have never needed that fu**** thing, is this a joke?" (I was young... don't judge me lol). The problem was my local store didn't have it, so, I had to wait 2 weeks to play it... 2 WEEKS! And I was very, very hyped. Some days I just turned on the TV to see the damn warning message... Well, at least the game delivered in the end, I loved it, I still love it and I think that it's the best Zelda ever made. Maybe because it was my first Zelda game, I don't know, but I played the 3DS remake and it was glorious. It has aged very well... 

Volterra_90 said:
Samus Aran said:

I will always remember my first Zelda. It was an awful experience for me. Reasons: my first Zelda was Majora's Mask on the N64. I was very excited, all my friends had told me it was an amazing game, a masterpiece, the reviews were great (not OoT-levels, but great)... Well, I bought it, but when I inserted the cartridge... "Expansion pack needed". WHAT? I didn't know what was that. I was like: "I have never needed that fu**** thing, is this a joke?" (I was young... don't judge me lol). The problem was my local store didn't have it, so, I had to wait 2 weeks to play it... 2 WEEKS! And I was very, very hyped. Some days I just turned on the TV to see the damn warning message... Well, at least the game delivered in the end, I loved it, I still love it and I think that it's the best Zelda ever made. Maybe because it was my first Zelda game, I don't know, but I played the 3DS remake and it was glorious. It has aged very well... 

Nice story. :)

Yeah, your first Zelda definitely leaves an impression. For example, I was really immersed by the atmosphere of Twlight Princess. I think it's the best in the Zelda series (in terms of atmosphere), but somehow I feel Majora's Mask has objectively a better atmosphere... But I wasn't as immeresed like I was with TP, most likely because I had played many Zelda games before I played MM for the first time.

Not only that but, visually, Woolly World looks to have a lot in common with Yoshi's Story as well. I always thought that Yoshi's Story was one of the most beautiful games on the N64 the way it used denim and craft supplies to create its worlds. The only thing holding Yoshi's Story back was that it was too easy and they changed a lot of the game mechanics from Yoshi's Island.

Woolly World is looking like it might be a perfect balance of Yoshi's Island's difficulty level and game mechanics and Yoshi's Story's visual creativity. I am really excited for this game.

Illusion said:
Not only that but, visually, Woolly World looks to have a lot in common with Yoshi's Story as well. I always thought that Yoshi's Story was one of the most beautiful games on the N64 the way it used denim and craft supplies to create its worlds. The only thing holding Yoshi's Story back was that it was too easy and they changed a lot of the game mechanics from Yoshi's Island.

Woolly World is looking like it might be a perfect balance of Yoshi's Island's difficulty level and game mechanics and Yoshi's Story's visual creativity. I am really excited for this game.

The visuals are most likely taken from Kirby's epic Yarn. I don't think Yoshi's story has much to do with it. Other than the fact that Yoshi is in it, I don't see many similarities.