By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Just realized, Woolly World is the first console Yoshi game in 17 years

Tagged games:

Weird, I've never thought about that. The game looks amazing, my hype is higher for this game than almost any others they are releasing this year (the exceptions being XCX and Mario Maker). I doubt it could reach Yoshi's Island levels (that was one of the best platformers ever made, criminally underrated) but it has a lot of potential. And yes, Nintendo doesn't milk franchises as much as many people say. I agree in characters that have appearances in a lot of games. But the franchises are not milked.

Around the Network
Eddie_Raja said:
Yeah I don't get why they feel the need to insanely over-milk 3D Mario and Zelda while keeping so many other great characters in the closet gathering dust.

Well I suppose the answer is because those 2 franchises always sell :/

They dont Milk the zeldas or 3D mario, that means like a game a year like call of duty, last 3D mario game was 3D world in 2013, before that i think it was super mario galaxy 2 in 2010, in zelda however there was more frequently zelda games lately , but still not in the milk status, tbh i dont see why people think nintendo milks their games, its milking their characters yes, but thats a whole different thing, a whole different gameplay.

It looks fantastic! Yoshi games have been hit (Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's Island DS) or miss (Yoshi's Story, Yoshi's new Island) but I'm convinced this will be a very good game. Kirby's Epic Yarn was great as well.

Spending warm summer days indoors   

Writing frightening verse

To a buck-toothed girl in Luxembourg

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, WiiU, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS, Mega Drive, Game Gear, PS1, PS2, PSP, XBOX 360, Atari Lynx

Samus Aran said:
Eddie_Raja said:
Yeah I don't get why they feel the need to insanely over-milk 3D Mario and Zelda while keeping so many other great characters in the closet gathering dust.

Well I suppose the answer is because those 2 franchises always sell :/

6 3D Mario games in 20 years is miking now?
5 for Zelda in 17 years.

Is that counting the ocean of remakes?

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

curl-6 said:

Was going back over Nintendo IPs and realized some other extended breaks:

Pilot Wings 64 to Pilot Wings Resort  (15 years)

Excitebike to Excitebike 64  (15 years)

Punch Out SNES to Punch Out Wii  (15 years)

Pikmin 2 to Pikmin 3  (9 years)

Golden Sun to Golden Sun Dark Dawn  (9 years)

Sin & Punishment to Sin & Punishment 2  (9 years)

Super Metroid to Metroid Prime  (8 years)

This is honestly why I'm so hopeful for a unified setup where all games are on the console & handheld. Nintendo has a huge lineup of under utilized IP do to the fact they have to release 2 entries of all their major franchises.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Am I the only one that knew this? I remember them saying that at E3 2014, guess you guys just forgot

Please, never mentioned that N64 abomination of a game ever again!

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

One of the reasons why I dislike Nintendo, I feel like every game I want comes out for their platform that I don't have. Can't wait for this Yoshi game, it looks great (and gives me a reason to dust the Wii U off)

PSN & XBOX GT : cutzman25

Eddie_Raja said:
Samus Aran said:

6 3D Mario games in 20 years is miking now?
5 for Zelda in 17 years.

Is that counting the ocean of remakes?

At this point, I think you're just speaking nonsense now. The only Mario game I remember being remade was the original 3 in an All-Stars pack released twice. Once on the SNES and again on the Wii.

As far as Zelda, Ocarina was ported to the GC and 3DS, as well as Majora's Mask. And Wind Waker was remade once for the Wii U.

That hardly seems like an ocean.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Faxanadu said:
Please, never mentioned that N64 abomination of a game ever again!

I don't remember any Yoshi game on the Nintendo 64......