By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Probably covered, but why not? I've just bought a Wii U

Consider a Wii-mote and a copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy. It's a steal for the amount of content you get but if you don't know the Metroid series do a bit of reading first. As much as I love the games (the original Prime is easily in my all-time top five) I realise they are not necessarily for everyone.

Around the Network

I'm going to suggest a dozen, both physical & digital.
>Bayonetta 2 - bought it mostly for it too!!!! :D
>Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
>Pikmin 3
>Super Mario Galaxy 1/2
>Metroid Prime Trilogy
>SteamWorld Dig (definitive version.)
>Rayman Legends
>Super Mario 3D World
>Super Smash Bros. U
>Wonderful 101
>Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
>Hyrule Warriors

As for ones that are yet to release ; Starfox, Zelda U, Splatoon, Xenoblade Chronicles X.

W101, MH3, B2 & Pikmin 3 have demo's, so it's worth a try.

Since you skipped Wii I'd recommend some of those. No More Heroes, Madworld, Xenoblade Chronicles, Twilight Princess, and Tatsunoku vs Capcom.

OMG What you don't like Smash OR Kart!?!? Sike, that's not really a surprise, I know plenty of people who don't like either aswell. I am confused as to why you bought a Wii U though, I mean surely you wouldn't buy a console for just one game and without having looked at the rest of it's library first.

spemanig said:
Honestly, it's a pretty terrible console to own right now if you don't care about SB or MK.

Haha sure

Around the Network
TimCliveroller said:

So I've just bought a Wii U. What should I do now? I never owned a Wii - skipped last Nintendo gen.  What games should I get / play ? I have a few since I collect games (just for the sake of it), but I haven't really invested in Nintendo since they went the Wii route. I'm more of an Xbox / PS individual. Even back in the days, I was on Sega's side.

P.S.

I'm not the N64 type of guy (so no SB and MC for me, although I love the Zelda games); I own multiple Nes, Snes, N64, GC systems, but I haven't really entered the Wii / Wii U territory.

I bought it mostly for Bayonetta 2 (loved the first one).

i think above all else you need to download the metroid prime trilogy, 3 games for $20, but you'll need to get a wii-mote & nun-chuck

You've made a good choice with bayonetta, go ahead and get hyrule warriors.

If I were you I'd look into the Wii library, as it has surprisingly many great games.

- Metroid Prime Trilogy - a must-have and a cheap purchase on the Wii U eshop
- Zelda Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword - Zeldas. Enough said. Just buy them. TP is more gritty and darker.
- Red Steel 2 - probably the best motion-shooting in a FPS
- Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 - two GOTYs. Some of the best games ever on any platform.
- No More Heroes 1 and 2 - OTT open world games with sword fights, very brutal. PAL version of NMH1 is censored though, so get the NA one.
- Resident Evil 4 - the best version of the awesome classic
- Xenoblade Chronicles - one of the best RPGs of the last decade
- The Last Story - another good jRPG
- Bully with motion cotrolls is said to be great

There are many more awesome games, but this should last you a long, long time and every single one of these games is still worth getting.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

TROPICAL FREEZE!!

wii games:

Zelda: twilight princess
Zelda: Skyward sword
Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2
Metroid prime trilogy
Xenoblade chronicles

Wii U:
Zelda: Windwaker HD
Bayonetta 2
ZombiU
Mario Kart 8
Smash
Mario 3d Wörld
Donkey Kong TP
Splatoon (release in may)

if not played on other system yet:
Mass Effect 3
Watch Dogs
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Assassins Creed 4
Some Call of Duty Games

Theres is alot more though

Einsam_Delphin said:
OMG What you don't like Smash OR Kart!?!? Sike, that's not really a surprise, I know plenty of people who don't like either aswell. I am confused as to why you bought a Wii U though, I mean surely you wouldn't buy a console for just one game and without having looked at the rest of it's library first.

The decision was somehow simple - Bayonetta + I loved the NES / SNES Marios... Of course I have some knowledge about the library of games. It is just about the transition and what to expect for a 'more' mature inclined audience. I already have some Wii games (call me crazy - but I bought some without having the console). I knew that sooner or later I will own a Wii (but for some reason, it was never that time). Maybe I'm in some kind of a crysis regarding the PS / Xbox side (due to the lack of games I'm really interested in) and I just want to try something different (but not too different / as they say 'casual'). Even if I own over 40 consoles (including doubles) - It was never about the Wii. Now, it may be nostalgia... or maybe I just realized that I'm strongly lacking on the Nintendo front. Still, I'm pretty excited. I was looking for some not so 'evident' titles that could've been overlooked. Thank you for your support guys.

Ex Graphics Whore.