By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do You Love Or Hate Autocorrect?

So what I want to know from you guys is whether or not you have a hate or love relationship with autocorrect. In my case I've found myself hating autocorrect since it constantly changes abbreviations into actual words ( Nes into News or New ) and  unknown words ( written correctly ) into actual words.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network

Horrible. I wanna type "Fuck" it corrects into "Duck" automatically, this is on my iPhone.

On my PC, i can correct when the word or spell is wrong, just right click on it.

I love it, because I can laugh my ass off when it screws over other people!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

hate it. Particularly on mobile devices. I mean serious every one knows people use short hand when texting and whatnot yet still the phones insisted on trying to find a real world to replace what you just wrote.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Annoying. I turn it off everytime I get a cellphone on my hands. It's frustrating enough trying to type on a small screen.

Around the Network

one of the first things I deactivate in a new smart device - it's simply horrible

I don't write in a manner where pure autocorrect would be applicable but if it was, I'd turn it off very quickly. I hate it. On the other hand, it's a double-edged sword in the swiping style. It can usually suggest what I'm intending, but sometimes it's so much off it's not even funny. I think I've swiped exactly correctly, and not even one of its suggestions is close to what I wanted to write.

Love hate. It helps for those times you blatantly butcher the English language, and for the reasons you mentioned and more for to hate. 

I liked it on my iPhone, but I'm mostly not a fan on Android.

Never used. I rather they put effort into programing the keyboards to allow customization. So we don't bump into keys that often. How about have two pages for keyboard. One page is for the most common keys you use. And the other is the ones you don't. Like backspace. next line, emotes. All customizable. This way the empty space can be put between keys. And prevent hitting. Who wants the delete key near M anymore. Why are companies so slow.