By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles X could have gotten a downgrade

Would it matter to you a downgrade in XCX?

Yes 144 29.45%

No 266 54.40%

See results 79 16.16%

Total:489
Materia-Blade said:
Zekkyou said:

Considering the WiiU's hardware limitations it's really not a debate. Even the PS4 and X1, both a significant power jump over the WiiU, can't run TW3's environments at max (at least not at 900-1080p/30fps).

I doubt you'd find many people who would pick the left side were they asked which looked more graphically impressive (top for ranged geometry, bottom for local. If you have better pics for either feel free to send them to me and i'll edit it).

I disagree about it being a discussion for another thread. Seems like a fairly logical extension from the topic and your comment.

Neither set of pics has an obvious winner for graphics. Resolution, maybe, but not graphics.

By the way, wich version of the wichter are those pics from?

It's not just resolution; also texture quality, lighting/shading techniques, stuff like that. 

I'd guess those are pics from the PC build. I don't think they have released console screens yet.

Around the Network
Materia-Blade said:
Zekkyou said:

Considering the WiiU's hardware limitations it's really not a debate. Even the PS4 and X1, both a significant power jump over the WiiU, can't run TW3's environments at max (at least not at 900-1080p/30fps).

I doubt you'd find many people who would pick the left side were they asked which looked more graphically impressive (top for ranged geometry, bottom for local. If you have better pics for either feel free to send them to me and i'll edit it).

I disagree about it being a discussion for another thread. Seems like a fairly logical extension from the topic and your comment.

Neither set of pics has an obvious winner for graphics. Resolution, maybe, but not graphics.

By the way, wich version of the wichter are those pics from?

I pick XCX because of art design and world design is also very vertical plus mech. I have played many games with a realistic setting in fantasy games. Been there done that and yes I will likely play TW3 but XCX created a new and unique world. I rather play thatif I choice between the 2 worlds.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Those textures...
Seems like a pretty nasty downgrade but i was kinda expecting it, it looked way too good before for such a massive game for wiiU.

Funnily enough, it's the massive open areas that have been upgraded since the early trailers, while this comparatively limited indoors scene has been cut back.

Yeah, looks like a downgrade there. From what I`ve been seeing so far all this time. I don`t really mind. These things tend to happen.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I'm no graphics expert but at first glance it definitely looks downgraded, the floor texture is particularly ugly XD but not like I'll be looking to the floor all the time. I'm not very picky when it comes to graphics so I don't mind it that much and I think the art direction in the environments is great.

Around the Network

I do a downgrade in the lighting and textures, but so long as the gameplay is good, I don't mind it not exactly looking a little less shiny. The fact is more often or not the prettiest game isn't always the best or most fun one. So if they had to pull back on some graphical touches to get as much or more of what they are promising to fit with hopefully as few glitches as possible, then it was the right call.

curl-6 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Those textures...
Seems like a pretty nasty downgrade but i was kinda expecting it, it looked way too good before for such a massive game for wiiU.

Funnily enough, it's the massive open areas that have been upgraded since the early trailers, while this comparatively limited indoors scene has been cut back.

But only this one scenes for some reason.  Other interiors throughout look as good as ever.  The interiors you see when talking about multiplayer and doll insurance look very sharp.  Which is why I think this was a graphical hicup and video editors didn't catch it and re-record the scene with textures loaded in.  I've seen similar glitches in Skyrim where the distant textures don't unload and/or the up close textures don't load in for several seconds, resulting in really bad textures.

Nuvendil said:
curl-6 said:

But only this one scenes for some reason.  Other interiors throughout look as good as ever.  The interiors you see when talking about multiplayer and doll insurance look very sharp.  Which is why I think this was a graphical hicup and video editors didn't catch it and re-record the scene with textures loaded in.  I've seen similar glitches in Skyrim where the distant textures don't unload and/or the up close textures don't load in for several seconds, resulting in really bad textures.

Yeah, it's common in a lot of modern games actually, delays in asset streaming causing PS2-like placeholder textures to remain in place for several seconds before the full resolution ones are loaded in to replace them. We very clearly see this in the second shot of the  clip, where the gun on the character's back snaps from a jaggy mess to HD quallity from 0:09 to 0:11.

This actually makes a lot of sense given that they just announced it will be the first Wii U game to use hard drive installs to assist in loading.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
curl-6 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Those textures...

If you say so, i dont see any upgrade there.

Textures and geometry have been bumped up on the exterior of NLA and in the surrounding fields.

I dunno if its just me, but these types of threads seem to attract more attention than actual news for XCX... :'-(