By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles X could have gotten a downgrade

Would it matter to you a downgrade in XCX?

Yes 144 29.45%

No 266 54.40%

See results 79 16.16%

Total:489
Barkley said:
Materia-Blade said:

"This particular shot is like the difference between a ps2 and ps3 game."

Are you even listening to yourself? There wasn't any downgrade. this particular section looks different, but not worse. And the game itself was overall upgrade since reveal. we have over 1 and a half hours of footage that prove that.

I'm not saying the whole game looks worse, only the footage in that video. But you saying that particular shot doesn't look worse is.... incredible. I'm sure you'd say the same thing if it wasn't a nintendo game right. People get far too attatched to brands and corporations and let it influence there thought patterns without even realizing. I should probably leave this site, it's very rare that there's any intelligent, unbiased discussion.

While you are right about those five seconds of the video (the floor texture is the glaring issue), you can't just say that it indicates a downgrade when the graphical oddities resolve themselves seconds later and never recur again in the entire 29minute presentation.

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
Barkley said:

I'm not saying the whole game looks worse, only the footage in that video. But you saying that particular shot doesn't look worse is.... incredible. I'm sure you'd say the same thing if it wasn't a nintendo game right. People get far too attatched to brands and corporations and let it influence there thought patterns without even realizing. I should probably leave this site, it's very rare that there's any intelligent, unbiased discussion.

While you are right about those five seconds of the video (the floor texture is the glaring issue), you can't just say that it indicates a downgrade when the graphical oddities resolve themselves seconds later and never recur again in the entire 29minute presentation.

Agreed, I was saying I felt it was a downgrade only in terms of the particular footage shown in this video I.E 2013 video in general looked better than the 2015 video even forgetting that it's a game. It's not necessarily indicative of a downgrade of the game itself and I couldn't make such a statement.

Wow that floor texture is really ugly.  You never get a good angle of it later in the video so you can't tell if its from pop in.  Anyway even if it is they need to get their shit together and fix it before the game launches.

KingdomHeartsFan said:

Wow that floor texture is really ugly.  You never get a good angle of it later in the video so you can't tell if its from pop in.  Anyway even if it is they need to get their shit together and fix it before the game launches.

Yes, lets delay a game because of a floor texture, lol. 

Who cares at the end of the day. 

Barkley said:
Materia-Blade said:

"This particular shot is like the difference between a ps2 and ps3 game."

Are you even listening to yourself? There wasn't any downgrade. this particular section looks different, but not worse. And the game itself was overall upgrade since reveal. we have over 1 and a half hours of footage that prove that.

I don't see what's so hard to understand. The scene isn't using the same assets. aesthetical changes were made.

If it were the same assets/3d models/textures, but in lower quality, it would be a downgrade. what we see are different assets of similar quality. the only thing that looked "worse' was the floor texture, wich goes back to normal seconds later, meaning it was just bad loading, not downgrade.

Around the Network
Materia-Blade said:
Barkley said:

I don't see what's so hard to understand. The scene isn't using the same assets. aesthetical changes were made.

If it were the same assets/3d models/textures, but in lower quality, it would be a downgrade. what we see are different assets of similar quality. the only thing that looked "worse' was the floor texture, wich goes back to normal seconds later, meaning it was just bad loading, not downgrade.

I disagree that all of these new assets in the video are of similair quality, you can't say the floor texture was just a loading issue and I can't say the opposite as the opening few seconds is the only point where it's shown up close, afterwards is at a completely different angle. We have different subjective opinions, let's just leave it at that.

curl-6 said:

I wouldn't call it an overall downgrade, because other areas, notably the outdoor ones, have been upgraded:

I agree 100% with you, in general the game graphics have been upgraded, but here in there adjustements were made that are a little downgrade.

Overall the game looks better with some parts where it's not the case.

Don't forget also, this is Youtube compressed...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n29CicBxZuw

01001011 01101001 01110011 01110011 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01101101 01100101 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100001 01110011 01110011 00100001

I don't really see much difference, to tell you the truth. The game looks amazing either way.

Zekkyou said:

As for "No other game has beaten it to date" (in regards to scenery), i assume you mean artistically? On a graphical level The Witcher 3 has that prize pretty firmly locked down right now.

Debatable. That's for another thread. Completely different games with completely different environments/setting. 

EpicLight said:
Zekkyou said:

As for "No other game has beaten it to date" (in regards to scenery), i assume you mean artistically? On a graphical level The Witcher 3 has that prize pretty firmly locked down right now.

Debatable. That's for another thread. Completely different games with completely different environments/setting. 

Considering the WiiU's hardware limitations it's really not a debate. Even the PS4 and X1, both a significant power jump over the WiiU, can't run TW3's environments at max (at least not at 900-1080p/30fps).

I doubt you'd find many people who would pick the left side were they asked which looked more graphically impressive (top for ranged geometry, bottom for local. If you have better pics for either feel free to send them to me and i'll edit it).

I disagree about it being a discussion for another thread. Seems like a fairly logical extension from the topic and your comment.