By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Rockstar be a decade without a new big IP?

Tagged games:

New Red Dead confirmed? When? Where? Have I missed something?

Around the Network

well they have enough great IPs in the depository and have been getting a big one not too long ago with Max Payne.
I would like to see another Midnight Club game. Obviously Bully 2 as well and hell don't get me started on RDR2.

Very few of the Rockstar games last gen can be compared, let alone compared enough to the point that you can truly argue fatigue set in. They released two new IP in the same year, Bully and Rockstar Table Tennis. Followed up by GTA IV and its different DLCs, completely different from either of the 2006 games. Then RDR, pretty different from GTA IV. Then they invested in LA Noire and then brought back an old IP, before releasing the single most successful non-bundled game of all time. Each game had heavy improvements and differed enough that fatigue isn't even a question. Hell, just in the next gen version of GTA V they added enough new material (first person mode et alia) to make it almost worth a second purchase.

Considering Nintendo has gotten away with Zelda without too much fatigue for 30 years, Rockstar is safe with its five current IP.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Well read dead redemption was basically a new IP let's be honest its nothing like revolver cept in name. So to me its basically was a new IP.

Maybe we will see them working on a fantasy open-world game in this generation. ^^

Around the Network

i think they will make atleast 2 new ips

i still think AGENT is coming

Fuck new IP's, give me Red Dead Redemption 2!

Did somebody forget L.A. Noire, a new IP created by Rockstar in 2011?

They need to release a TRUE sequel to the original Manhunt. One of the most underrated games ever and easily near the top of their catalog, but the 2nd game was terrible. But I don't foresee them making a new IP anytime soon. Their current ones are selling too strongly.  Also, LA Noire was not developed by R*