By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Praised Shovel Knight fight God of War Kratos Detailed

Protendo said:
Hmmm now to choose between this version or the other version?

Are they both just small content additions? 

"Kratos isn't someone you'll inevitably stumble across. Encountering him is described as being "very tricky," so you'll need to "keep your eye out for secrets… and possibly even double secrets" to get him to show up on the world map"

This made me believe he'll be one of the secret bosses you can face randomly (or after finding a secret in some cases) in the world map. It ultimately goes down to which character or controller you prefer.

.- -... -.-. -..

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
So basically the real supporters of the game get screwed.

I dont know man. Was just on their kickstarter and it says the game is $10, here its $15. Its anyone who didnt Kickstart it thats getting screwed =P

Edit: Sorry it was always $15 for WiiU and 3DS... so you were getting screwed from the start and accepted it, cant really bitch and complain now then =P

Samus Aran said:

First of all, if you mean Kickstarter backers, then they themselves noted that very few backers were for Nintendo platforms, most were for PC. Second of all, all backers got it for less then it's sold for now, third of all, it's one boss...

I thought Nintendo sales were better than the rest? Shouldn't there have been a Bowser cameo or something? Just sayin'. This is a great idea but that just came to mind.

Teeqoz said:
Samus Aran said:

First of all, if you mean Kickstarter backers, then they themselves noted that very few backers were for Nintendo platforms, most were for PC. Second of all, all backers got it for less then it's sold for now, third of all, it's one boss...

It's always been $15 for Wii U and 3DS owners and the majority of the sales come from Nintendo platforms.

So what if it's only one boss? What does Kratos have to do with 8-bit gaming? For a game that celebrates 8-bit classics it would be great to see some cameos from those games.

Around the Network

Oh please. Wii U/3DS/PC buyers got one of the best games of 2014 in the actual year 2014. I can more than accept a year delay for the PS owners if all they're getting is a boss. Hell, I might buy the PS version FOR the boss, just to give Yacht Club some more money for their great product.

And if we're gonna piss and moan about exclusive content, 3D is 3DS exclusive, off-TV play is Wii U exclusive (unless somebody wants to play the PS3/4 version on a Vita, in which case just use the Vita version you get with Cross-Buy), and the dual-screen layout is Nintendo exclusive. I'll honestly take that over a boss (though I'd like them to retroactively include cross-buy for the Nintendo version now that that's possible).

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

I wouldnt say that Nintendo got screwed, they got it a year before anybody else.

But Battletoads being on XBO and Kratos being on PS4 is a nice bonus for the people who waited

View on YouTube

This is nice! Just got my Vita the other day, now I just have to get this.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Samus Aran said:

And giving people extra content who didn't support the game initially will leave a bad taste in their mouth. And Yacht Club hasn't even fulfilled all of their kickstarter promises yet. So to see them focus on exclusive content for other consoles is a bit disheartening.

It's not like Nintendo is unwilling to do these sort of deals (SSX on Tour and Sonic Lost World for example).

You do know that both Microsoft and Sony usually ask for extra content for late ports?  I'm not sure how you can hold this against the developers.  So they throw in an easy to program hidden boss fight on those platforms, so what?  They're still working on free additional content, they're still doing things on Nintendo platforms, like Shovel Knight 3DS themes.

That is awesome. :o

I'm very glad I waited for the PlayStation version.