By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Praised Shovel Knight fight God of War Kratos Detailed

I played it on the Wii U last year, and loved it. Really great game that PS and Xbox fans should try out. I never did a New Game+ though...prolly should start that sometime.

As for the bonus content, it looks cool, and hopefully it convinces people on the fence to try it out. I agree with others that having it a year early makes up for the lack of extra stuff...but I certainly wouldn't complain if Bowser or Dark Link appeared in a future update.

*secretly waits

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
Teeqoz said:

First of all, if you mean Kickstarter backers, then they themselves noted that very few backers were for Nintendo platforms, most were for PC. Second of all, all backers got it for less then it's sold for now, third of all, it's one boss...

It's always been $15 for Wii U and 3DS owners and the majority of the sales come from Nintendo platforms.

So what if it's only one boss? What does Kratos have to do with 8-bit gaming? For a game that celebrates 8-bit classics it would be great to see some cameos from those games.

Have you got any confirmation of this? I'd expect the PC version to have sold more personally.

It's pretty common for later releases to have something additional added, especially when they carry the full retail price that the original release had a year prior.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Sunstrider said:
This is nice! Just got my Vita the other day, now I just have to get this.

Yeah im debating that as well lol  I want to get it for Vita, but I want to see Battletoads on Xbox. Its just i think id enjoy this on a handheld more and i love the vita -_-  

JayWood2010 said:
Sunstrider said:

Yeah im debating that as well lol  I want to get it for Vita, but I want to see Battletoads on Xbox. Its just i think id enjoy this on a handheld more and i love the vita -_-  

It's cross buy as well on PlayStation giving you the option of playing it on a home console too should your senses leave you. :D

Actually, I can see why that'd piss Nintendo buyers off as there's just a 33% discount to buy the 3DS version if you already have it on Wii U.

MikeRox said:
JayWood2010 said:

It's cross buy as well on PlayStation giving you the option of playing it on a home console too should your senses leave you. :D

Actually, I can see why that'd piss Nintendo buyers off as there's just a 33% discount to buy the 3DS version if you already have it on Wii U.

Well the thing is, I actually dont like God of War and Kratos, so Battletoads is the better option for me.  Its just the Vita looks more appealing to me than both PS4/XBO to play it on haha 

I think that is more of a Nintendo problem than anything though.  Sony does cross-buy on their consoles by tieing it to your account.  Nintendo should probably do the same thing.  Hopefully MSFT will as well with PC/XB games when Win10 and the Xbox App comes out.

Around the Network
Super_Boom said:
I played it on the Wii U last year, and loved it. Really great game that PS and Xbox fans should try out. I never did a New Game+ though...prolly should start that sometime.

As for the bonus content, it looks cool, and hopefully it convinces people on the fence to try it out. I agree with others that having it a year early makes up for the lack of extra stuff...but I certainly wouldn't complain if Bowser or Dark Link appeared in a future update.

*secretly waits

NG+ is freaking HARD! >_>  Enter at your own peril.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

JayWood2010 said:
Sunstrider said:

You are right, handheld really is just the right platform for this game :D.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

MikeRox said:
Samus Aran said:

It's always been $15 for Wii U and 3DS owners and the majority of the sales come from Nintendo platforms.

So what if it's only one boss? What does Kratos have to do with 8-bit gaming? For a game that celebrates 8-bit classics it would be great to see some cameos from those games.

Have you got any confirmation of this? I'd expect the PC version to have sold more personally.

It's pretty common for later releases to have something additional added, especially when they carry the full retail price that the original release had a year prior.

It was in one of their sales blogs. Of course the situation could've changed by now. SK is still full price for Nintendo systems as well btw.

Samus Aran said:
MikeRox said:

It was in one of their sales blogs. Of course the situation could've changed by now. SK is still full price for Nintendo systems as well btw.

Yeah I found the stuff. In the first month it was roughly 60% Nintendo 40% PC with 180,000 sales. By December it had reached 300,000 sales, but there is no breakdown of platforms at that point.

Will certainly be interesting to see how well it's received on X1 and PS3/PS4/Vita.

IkePoR said:

NG+ is freaking HARD! >_>  Enter at your own peril.

Thanks for the warning. I have a soft spot for hard platformers. They drive me insane but I just can't quit. x.x

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334