By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Gay rights gone too far?

I would classify marriage as "the pursuit of happiness", IMO.

Tho I also believe businesses who who do not wish to serve certain ppl be allowed to excersize their right to deny service for as long as they are not considered essential services.

Around the Network
The Fury said:
reggin_bolas said:

They are special rights because marriage is NOT a right. You are creating rights that don't exist. 

As I just mentioned, marriage has laws attached to them that in saying a gay couple cannot get married means you are denying them access to those laws only because they are gay. http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/marriage-rights-benefits-30190.html

That's correct because it is a privilege and privileges are exclusive and have the power to exclude. 

Threating gay people less or better than other members of a society is discrimination. Spare me the positive discrimination bullshit, which should also be Illegal. You claim marriage is a privilege for certain members of society, while the only thing you need is a partner and money. Accepting or better said not accepting gay marriage is discriminating and very hypocritical for so called free countries in which church and constitutional law are separated.

It isn't any different to threat gay people less than other ethicists like Muslims Jews Asians Women Black people White People et cetera be it on religious or personal ground, you simply don't have that privilege in Free Western countries. But in Russia and large parts of Asia and Africa you still can.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

reggin_bolas said:

Gay rights is in fact a false extension of the civil rights movement which has been hijacked by politically crazed members of the left. Do you think MLK would approve of gay rights or any of the other members during the 50's? No, the answer has always been no. Gay rights have leeched themselves upon this legatimate movement and hijacked it to gain false legitimacy.

Yeah, that's a poor opener if you can't back it up by evidence.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

reggin_bolas said:

For one, gay rights is apparently the right to marry. There is NO such thing as the right to marry. It's a privilege bestowed upon certain members of the community who are of proper moral character. t

At worst, that would mean convicts would loose their right to marry or even being marriied while in prison, but not rule out gay marriages in the slightest.

Around the Network

Eventually, social progression is going to leave you behind.

I have no problem with you on a personal level. I used to date a girl who had a gay father. He was a nice man and so was his partner. The problem was they, like many of their contemporaries, have become politically greedy. They assume rights that don't exist and they want to force their worldview on people who simply won't agree with them.

You have to fundamentally alter the teachings of the world's major religions or destroy these religions all together to accommodate this political utopia. This is partially been accomplished in Europe where Christianity has been forsaken and destroyed. It's happening in the USA right now and it's dividing the country in ways not seen since the civil war.

The best solution is don't ask don't tell.

It never ceases to surprise me how threatened some people are of others being treated equally.
It's like they can't be happy unless they are able to oppress others.

reggin_bolas said:

That's correct because it is a privilege and privileges are exclusive and have the power to exclude. 

Gay couples are not privileged enough be allowed to get married? Weird view, mate.

Hmm, pie.

"Kentucky: Our same-sex marriage ban isn't anti-gay because it applies to straight people, too"
This happened this week. Taking the moral highground and decide that certain people are less human than others, it's very cute. Why though? Is there any other reason apart from the old fairy tale, the "bible"?

Please, enlighten me. Why should gay people be shunned, hated and excluded? Please. Give me ONE legit reason.