By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Gay rights gone too far?

Let me tell you one thing, there is no such thing as gay rights. It's a fabricated political creation that has absolutely nothing to do with axiomatic human rights as promulgated by the UN. In fact, sexual orientation is not mentioned in the UN manifesto. For one, gay rights is apparently the right to marry. There is NO such thing as the right to marry. It's a privilege bestowed upon certain members of the community who are of proper moral character. 

Gay rights is in fact a false extension of the civil rights movement which has been hijacked by politically crazed members of the left. Do you think MLK would approve of gay rights or any of the other members during the 50's? No, the answer has always been no. Gay rights have leeched themselves upon this legatimate movement and hijacked it to gain false legitimacy. 

My thesis is simply this: gay rights have gone too far. Anyone who refuses, on religious or personal grounds, to make available their business to serve these people are met with a militant response which is disgusting. Businesses in Indiana have received death threats and other similar businesses have been forced to close as a result of militant boycotts orchestrated by these far-left extremists. In many European countries you can lose your job if you don't agree with these people.

Take a good look at all the people in the Indiana thread who were bullied and banned by moderators simply because they don't agree. I accept that I too may be banned for this post but I do so in open defiance and protest to the gay rights cause. You hide cowardly behind words such as "bigot" and "homophobe" when people don't agree with you. It's really sad.

The solution has always been don't ask don't tell. 

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer

Around the Network

Well this will definitely end well . . .

Who are you to tell somebody how to live their life? Thats the way i look at it so i dont get involved in the movement or anti-movement.

I dont see this thread ending well though so i vote for a lock

It's just a reminder that there are still reasonable voices of dissent. Despite your best effort to suppress opposing view points to further gain more false legitimacy.

Locking this thread and banning people who don't approve of these "rights" is just further evidence of this.

If doing things like getting married (and in extension getting all the benefits that this legally bestows upon someone according to governments) is what someone wants to do, why should it be up to the government to say "No, you can't." just because you happen to be gay? They are being denied a right as a citizen because they are gay, therefore it is a gay rights issue.

Many people don't mind the religious standing of those against gay marriage (it's a personal choice to follow your faith after all), the issue comes when it is written in governmental law.

(although I find the idea of someone else stopping someone they don't know from getting married a bit odd, what should it matter to them)

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Nobody is asking for special gay rights, they are just asking to be treated fairly and equally. Why is it wrong to expect equal treatment for all people?

They are special rights because marriage is NOT a right. You are creating rights that don't exist. 

So now nondiscrimination is a high privilege for gays and they are going too far if they want to be treated as any other person.

Ok.

reggin_bolas said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Nobody is asking for special gay rights, they are just asking to be treated fairly and equally. Why is it wrong to expect equal treatment for all people?

They are special rights because marriage is NOT a right. You are creating rights that don't exist. 

As I just mentioned, marriage has laws attached to them that in saying a gay couple cannot get married means you are denying them access to those laws only because they are gay. http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/marriage-rights-benefits-30190.html

Hmm, pie.

"It's a privilege bestowed upon certain members of the community who are of proper moral character."

What on earth are you talking about?