By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is the most difficult genre for you in terms of difficulty?

spemanig said:
Kotastic said:

That's not exactly the case. For me, platformer, RPGs, and fighting games comes VERY naturally for me, however little effort I put in. It's more of a matter of a genre that gives you the most difficulty to begin with.

For me, it has to be Action-Adventure games like Zelda. It just never flows and agrees with me properly and I never complete a Zelda title because of it (and the fact that it's not really fun for me).

But you just admited it. You've never even completed a Zelda game. How can that count as a real effort? I don't like SRPGs, but I'm damn good at them because I wanted to be good at them.

Also, how old were you when you played your first platformer/RPG/fighting game, and how many hours did you put into them?

Well you're kinda missing my point. The whole point of the topic is what genre you have most difficulty with to begin with. It's like in school where math is my toughest subject (and I got a lot of tutor in my early years) and I have to put in a lot of effort to get an A while in pe I barely put in minimum effort and I get an A-. And I don't do sports either. While getting a higher grade in math than PE, would I say that math is an easier subject than PE? Not in a thousand miles. Same scenario here really where I generally have little difficulties with my strengths while my weakness occurs in Action-Adventure games.

I guess I must've put in a bunch of hours in my easier genres, not sure how old I was but one of the first games I've ever played was Super Mario Sunshine, Super Smash Bros. Melee, and Pokemon Leafgreen, so that might explain why those might flow in me, so I guess you do have a point to a certain extent.

Around the Network

I love shmups but I'd be lying if I said I didn't find them difficult.

Captain_Yuri said:
Bullet Hell shooters

What? You're telling me you can't dodge this?

Kyuu said:
jigokutamago said:
Captain_Yuri said:
Bullet Hell shooters

What? You're telling me you can't dodge this?

It really isn't as difficult as it looks

WHAT??????????

Yeah, I know :P

Most difficult... music/rhythm and fighters. When trying DDR or Guitar Hero, my sense of timing is terrible for me to either step on the pad when the arrow hits the mark, or push the correct buttons on the guitar when they reach their mark. I've always been a scrub at fighting games, and I really don't care to admit it. I can't seem to memorize complex combinations. Worse yet (for me), I can't input combos properly while the other player sends a flurry of attacks towards me. It's a nightmare.

Around the Network

I'd say fighting games as they have the highest learning curve for me. The two most named genres in this thread seem to be fighting and FPS games. I'd say the FPS genre may be the easiest for me, but that probably stems from the month of total play time I sunk into Call of Duty 4 (I was atrocious when I first started online play).

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

Mostly FPS on console, i hate using analog to aim, and 30fps on some FPS games on consoles, in PC it slightly better because using mouse far better and i can achieve 60 fps if my rig able to do it, but it's hard when playing for more then an hour because my head and eyes will feel tired, even if i playing on big screen with PC my hand is feel tired.

SHMUP also hard, it's hard to avoid many missile, enemies and finding any weapon.

music ... granted I've sank very very little into only a couple but I sucked and I didn't like it.

call me arrogant or whatever but i can get good at anything if i put some effort into it, and i don't think there is a single genre out there where i "automatically suck at it", sure i wont start a new genre by being really good at it but im normally decent at them, and then i just need to put some time and effort into them to get good, which is something that comes naturally if im enjoying the game.

Shmups and RPG's

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P