By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 game in 24 hours??!

from http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/03/10/thatgamecompanys-24hr-game-jam/

thatgamecompany decided to stay at the studio for 24 hrs and make a game for the PS3 just for fun. Here is a gameplay vid. I don't know if they are going to put this on the PSN Store, but I hope they do. It looks like a lot of fun.

From Crackle: thatgamecompany

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

Around the Network

You know. Give them another week or two to work on presentation, and that could really take off. I might just be saying this because Brawl is in the air, but a 2D online shooter sounds like a fricking great idea. Can you imagine 30 players all running around guns a blazing like that?

hm... Could this be the evolution of Worms?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

LOL thats awesome! Definitely a 24 hour project xD but given some time I'm sure they could do some neat things :P I wonder how many people worked on that LOL

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

For 24 hours, that's pretty good.

Lol I like the sound effects.

zeitgeistmovie.com

PS3 Trophies

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:

EDITED TO APPEASE THE MOB

Yeah, it looks fun.

Maybe you're finally getting the idea behind a GDC announcement?

Thegamecompany created that game in 24 hours for fun... now imagine the potential of a legion of game developers/hobbiest/students making these types of games and all being accessable through a network.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

lol that looks like fun

Wow ... thats awesome , I would even play it for a loner timeperiod :D

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

gebx said:
DMeisterJ said:

Yeah, it looks fun.

Maybe you're finally getting the idea behind MS's GDC announcement?

Thegamecompany created that game in 24 hours for fun... now imagine the potential of a legion of game developers/hobbiest/students making these types of games and all being accessable through Live.

there is a difference though, the PSN is about Quality not Quantity. Half the XBLA games are quite crappy and are not fun to play in the least. Even games like Super Rub a Dub can be entertaining to play for a while.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Pretty sure every single sound effect was stolen, but who can blame them if they only had 24hours, and it could be an amazing concept, Right analoge for fire direction. With scrolling maps and teams, add modes like capture the flag and you got an awsome and original game.