By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 game in 24 hours??!

I would definitely play that game, and I imagine they wouldn't charge more than $3 for it. Even in its very unpolished form it looks hella fun. Up to 6 players locally makes it even better.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network
leo-j said:
gebx said:
DMeisterJ said:
For 24 hours, that's pretty good.

Yeah, it looks fun.

Maybe you're finally getting the idea behind MS's GDC announcement?

Thegamecompany created that game in 24 hours for fun... now imagine the potential of a legion of game developers/hobbiest/students making these types of games and all being accessable through Live.

Thank you for trolling on a sony topic.

How is it trolling?

I'm not bashing the game, or saying its bad. This one game has dozens of you saying it looks fun and that you would try it out.

Now imagine hundreds of similar games available on a single network.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

gebx said:
leo-j said:
gebx said:
DMeisterJ said:

Yeah, it looks fun.

Maybe you're finally getting the idea behind MS's GDC announcement?

Thegamecompany created that game in 24 hours for fun... now imagine the potential of a legion of game developers/hobbiest/students making these types of games and all being accessable through Live.

How is it trolling?

I'm not bashing the game, or saying its bad. This one game has dozens of you saying it looks fun and that you would try it out.

Well let's see, this is in the Sony forum, and it is about a PSN games, and well you came in here like an ass and started spewing some BS about some feature of XBL.  I could careless what XBL has this convo was in no way related to it and you somehow are to dense to realise.  So yes going off topic in an attempt to derail the topic and change it into something else constitutes as trolling.  You wouldn't go into Halo thread and start talking about Metroid Prime now would you?

omg will that be in 1080p? =P

it does actually look like it can be lots of fun if they put a few more weeks into it.

Auron said:
gebx said:
leo-j said:
gebx said:
DMeisterJ said:

Yeah, it looks fun.

Maybe you're finally getting the idea behind a GDC announcement?

Thegamecompany created that game in 24 hours for fun... now imagine the potential of a legion of game developers/hobbiest/students making these types of games and all being accessable through a network.

How is it trolling?

Well let's see, this is in the Sony forum, and it is about a PSN games, and well you came in here like an ass and started spewing some BS about some feature of XBL. I could careless what XBL has this convo was in no way related to it and you somehow are to dense to realise. So yes going off topic in an attempt to derail the topic and change it into something else constitutes as trolling. You wouldn't go into Halo thread and start talking about Metroid Prime now would you?

eheh, fine...

original message edited, any mention of "the other network" has been taken out of original message. 

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

The video won't work for me :(

Can somebody explain to me what exactly is happening?

All those fans of 2D shooters may check teewars.com for it's marvellous game indeed.

Check gameplay movie below:

http://www.youtube.com/v/KQifw7TZaHM

Aj_habfan said:
Can somebody explain to me what exactly is happening?

Go to http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/03/10/thatgamecompanys-24hr-game-jam/ and read the article. Even with the desription, I had to watch it about three times to figure out all of what was going on.... (btw, from the replies to comments on that page, it looks like they might be putting this up on the PSN Store. Obviously, they will be modifying the sound effects...)

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it