By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is there a PS4/X1 war?

What describes your tastes?

PS4 is awesome! X1 is garbage! 190 52.20%

X1 is awesome! PS4 is garbage! 27 7.42%

they're both GREAT! 94 25.82%

they both SUCK! 53 14.56%

Total:364

hey guys, IM BACK again. I cant seem to participate in this site for more than two days at a time, but im going to try again.

Anyways, I think we can all pretty much agree that the hot topic in gaming these days is WHICH CONSOLE IS BETTER?!?! PS4 or X1? My question is.. why? I am 26 years old and have been a gamer my entire life, I own about 1500 physical copies of video games, I have at least heard of almost every game released for every major console, and even with all this background, I genuinely have no idea what this war is all about. These two consoles are the same damn machine, what is there to dislike about one that you cant say about the other? 

Let me give a short example, here. If you were to approach your every day pop culture gamer, and tell them, "eh, the PS4 really doesn't do a whole lot for me. Can't really get into it :/" We all know the response you would get. This gamer would, of course, ask you the question, "oh, so you're more into the xbox one camp?" 

You see, this response is what you would get 99% of the time (trust me, I have experience with this), but why would ANYONE assume that if you don't like the PS4 you must like the X1 besides the fact that there is this ridiculous fucking "war" that is happening between them. If yout ake away any notion of a war that is happening, you will see that if you don't like the PS4, you're not going to like the X1 either. They do the same things and get all the same games. The only thing that differentiates the two are exclusives, in which case, you would say something like, "PS4's exclusives don't really do it for me." Do you see the difference? You would attribute your distaste to the exclusives and not the console itself because to say you don't like it as a console would be to say you don't like the X1 as a console as well because they're, well, the same. 

So this is my contention: if you are a die hard XBOX ONE fan, then I am telling you right now that you like the PS4 as well. And vice versa. Don't give me this bullshit about how you love the X1 so much and you're a huge fan and then sit there and tell me that you hate the PS4. If you are one of these people, I would love to hear your explanation for what is so different about these two consoles that you are able to absolutely love one of them and hate the other. 

EDIT: just so there is not any confusion, I want to make clear (yes, it is the unpopular opinion) that I am all for console wars; i think they are fun. But only when the consoles that are warring are actually different. I don't see any fun in two consoles that are identical warring. I dont see the point and it's completely ridiculous.

Around the Network

Console Wars are beyond comprehension to me.

Both sucks.
#WiiUDomination

Both are great.

RubberWhistleHistle said:

I would love to hear your explanation for what is so different about these two consoles that you are able to absolutely love one of them and hate the other. 

I hate the current X1 cause it won't fit in my TV stand and I'm not buying another TV stand just for a X1 so I'm waiting for the slim.

why not?

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network
WhiteEaglePL said:
Console Wars are beyond comprehension to me.

look, i can understand console wars if the consoles are actually DIFFERENT. N64 vs PS1 would be a great example. so many debates can be had as to which can offer better games and which is better and why. you cannot do that with the ps4 and x1. i dont necessarily have a problem with the idea of a "war" but when the consoles are virtually the same in every fashion, what can you possibly be at war about? do you see what im saying? at least if the consoles are different, there can be a discussion.

Because xbone fanboys are like man u fanboys, pure scum

KingdomHeartsFan said:
RubberWhistleHistle said:

I would love to hear your explanation for what is so different about these two consoles that you are able to absolutely love one of them and hate the other. 

I hate the current X1 cause it won't fit in my TV stand and I'm not buying another TV stand just for a X1 so I'm waiting for the slim.

ah, good point. honestly, the consoles are so similar that i can see that being a determining factor of why you would buy one  and not the other. so ill accept that!

Console wars are inevitable, that's for sure.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I think It might be because the consoles themselves are very similar, but each have their share of games, some of them being exclusive. I think because of that people want to feel that for example a purchase of a PS4 over the X1 was worthwhile, and try to pick on small things that make their console look 'superior', and perhaps slightly overvalues their exclusives over the other console. As a result if someone says to that person that they bought an X1 instead of a PS4 they feel they need to question their reasoning, and I think that's where its born.

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi